The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-26-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
The wheels are small suitcase style wheels. The kind designed for indoor rolling. If you drag it around town, it won't hold up. You can equate it to a rolling duffle bag. If you need heavy duty, you'd need to order a rolling hard case. Unfortunately, there aren't too many options. Mine has held up fine going from the car to inside and rolling around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
Yes. I only use it for to/from car. And I don't drag it up stairs, I pick it up by the handle. Mine shows no signs of breaking.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
I would be quite surprised to find out that hiss had anything to do with ANY modern powered speaker. I have a pair of DXR's and the only time I hear hiss is when something upstream isn't great. They're practically silent when the chain is good.
I suspect it may have something to do with power. They were all plugged into the same power strip at the store, and every one of them was noisy, regardless if they had any inputs plugged into them or not. The salesman had hearing loss in that range and couldn't detect the noise at all. It's comforting to know your DXR's don't have that problem, I thought the sound from that line was great!

Last edited by beckyk; 04-26-2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-26-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyk View Post
I suspect it may have something to do with power. They were all plugged into the same power strip at the store, and every one of them was noisy, regardless if they had any inputs plugged into them or not. The salesman had hearing loss in that range and couldn't detect the noise at all. It's comforting to know your DXR's don't have that problem, I thought the sound from that line was great!
Power can be a huge bugaboo. We use a Furman power strip with generally good results.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:31 PM

I have the L3T and really like it. Yes, as stated it is on the heavy side. but I am muscular and have no problems lifting it. I have the rolling bag for it and as someone mentioned, the wheels are similar to those on a piece of luggage. One wheel housing did pull from the fabric but i glued it back to the fabric and its as good as new, maybe even better.

I've used the L3T as a stand alone unit (guitar & Vocals), without any pedals, mixers etc.. and it sounded great! Lots of power and great tone. I've also used it with a mixer and two Fishman SA220 units. Again, sounded great! I ran it as a monitor but actually used it as a third speaker to angle off in another direction where people were gathered. I've also used it as a floor wedge monitor with a full band and its been the best sounding floor monitor I've ever used.

It's very versatile, sounds really good and has plenty of power. I highly recommend it. I often sell gear after a while, but this is a keeper for me.

I know I'm late to the conversation, but thought someone else might benefit from it.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
It's very versatile, sounds really good and has plenty of power. I highly recommend it. I often sell gear after a while, but this is a keeper for me.

I know I'm late to the conversation, but thought someone else might benefit from it.
I did end up buying the L3T about a month ago, and absolutely love it! While a bit heavy for me, my husband is usually there to help, and it's not an issue for him. We have a quad cab truck and it fits great with the back seats folded up.

I agree with the versatility, I bought the Soundcraft 12MTK mixer as well, and the Line 6 works awesome with it, or stand alone depending on what the situation requires. Very happy with the purchase!
Old 05-31-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyk View Post
I did end up buying the L3T about a month ago, and absolutely love it! While a bit heavy for me, my husband is usually there to help, and it's not an issue for him. We have a quad cab truck and it fits great with the back seats folded up.

I agree with the versatility, I bought the Soundcraft 12MTK mixer as well, and the Line 6 works awesome with it, or stand alone depending on what the situation requires. Very happy with the purchase!
It's good to hear you like yours as much as I like mine. It doesn't seem to get much attention on this forum. It's such a great unit that there should be more discussion about it. I guess it's the 58lbs that limits its popularity. That's heavy for some people to mount on a pole.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It's good to hear you like yours as much as I like mine. It doesn't seem to get much attention on this forum. It's such a great unit that there should be more discussion about it. I guess it's the 58lbs that limits its popularity. That's heavy for some people to mount on a pole.

The L2t is a bit more popular. I really liked mine. If I had room for it and my current speakers I would have kept it. Great tone and features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
The L2t is a bit more popular. I really liked mine. If I had room for it and my current speakers I would have kept it. Great tone and features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I haven't had an opportunity to play through one. It appears to be fairly similar. There wasn't an opportunity to check it out when I bought mine or I might have opted for the size and weight savings if it sounded as great as the L3T.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I haven't had an opportunity to play through one. It appears to be fairly similar. There wasn't an opportunity to check it out when I bought mine or I might have opted for the size and weight savings if it sounded as great as the L3T.

The 3 model has two 10" woofers instead of one. It can get a good bit louder in theory. But the single 10" is loud enough, in my opinion. In other words, I doubt you'd hear much difference at moderate volume. The extra wattage and speaker might make a difference at above 100 dB SPL. Also, in theory the tri-amp design of the L3t should push the mids with more clarity. I don't know that I would tell a difference a moderate volume.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification