The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-05-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
I am super excited! I couldn't decide between black and amber for my x7 I ordered. I ended up ordering black. Kind of wished I had gotten amber so I asked Sean if it was possible to switch it. Just got word that my x7 is in the fretting stage and then getting prepped for spraying so he was able to change the order. ya!
Cool beans!

Anybody know what a finished X20 would look like without any color added? Depending on how it looked I could be interested.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 09-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Cool beans!

Anybody know what a finished X20 would look like without any color added? Depending on how it looked I could be interested.
I could be wrong, but I think it would be as per the black versions because I think the color tints are applied in the gloss resin overspray.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I could be wrong, but I think it would be as per the black versions because I think the color tints are applied in the gloss resin overspray.
Look what we learn here! I had no idea that the color tint was one of the last things to happen. I need to get out more. Congrats on getting that request in "just in the nick of time," Bry!
Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Cool beans!

I think mine is.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I think mine is.
Please show some pics sir.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I am super excited! I couldn't decide between black and amber for my x7 I ordered. I ended up ordering black. Kind of wished I had gotten amber so I asked Sean if it was possible to switch it. Just got word that my x7 is in the fretting stage and then getting prepped for spraying so he was able to change the order. ya!
Quote:
My previous Chimaera was amber and that color is really nice. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Great that you got the change request in just in time. I well-know the feeling. Enjoy the wait!
Yeah ... but the RED ! Now that is REALLY gorgeous !

Or how about the GREEN ! Beautiful and so appropriate !

I'm just messin' with ya Bry ! (Probably motivated by envy.....
)
Old 09-05-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Koh View Post
Please show some pics sir.

Here is some wild man from this very forum group having at me X-20...

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Yeah ... but the RED ! Now that is REALLY gorgeous !

Or how about the GREEN ! Beautiful and so appropriate !

I'm just messin' with ya Bry ! (Probably motivated by envy.....
)

So many colors (actually only five) but so hard to choose!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
So many colors (actually only five) but so hard to choose!
Perhaps, within the exposed CF weave look, but if you search hard enough, they have done two-tone exposed CF weaves per customer request. Emerald has also actually done many more solid color paint schemes. Likely there is an upcharge, but they have done some pretty awesome custom paint/airbrush graphics that I believe can cost less or up to the upcharge for the woody veneers. If you have something unique in mind, it never hurts to ask Sean. The sky's the limit...depending on "what's in your wallet"?!
Old 09-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Perhaps, within the exposed CF weave look, but if you search hard enough, they have done two-tone exposed CF weaves per customer request. Emerald has also actually done many more solid color paint schemes. Likely there is an upcharge, but they have done some pretty awesome custom paint/airbrush graphics that I believe can cost less or up to the upcharge for the woody veneers. If you have something unique in mind, it never hurts to ask Sean. The sky's the limit...depending on "what's in your wallet"?!

This time around my wallet could definitely cover a basic artisan model. I'm stoked! Except for the wait.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I hear ya, but just to illustrate...the quality of their artistry is incredible. For the one below that Emerald did for an American country performer living in Ireland, an Irish artist in their area did it, again, I think for the cost of a custom woody top.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:25 PM

That is so beautiful it would almost make it worth being an American..

Tom , I also read somewhere that a custom paint job was comparable in price to a veneer, but I somehow doubt that particular one was.
It even wraps right around , back, neck, everywhere ... Fabulous !
Old 09-05-2017, 05:39 PM

Once you get into airbrush finishes your imagination is the only limit , how 'bout one that looked like it was made of heavy riveted steel plates , like an old ship ?

I really like a clever bit of "trompe l'oeil" myself.

A very talented painterly friend of mine once did a small bathroom in his house like it was the inside of an old submarine.
We (his pals) all thought it was cool, but his misssus got her way eventually and went with marble tiles.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I hear ya, but just to illustrate...the quality of their artistry is incredible. For the one below that Emerald did for an American country performer living in Ireland, an Irish artist in their area did it, again, I think for the cost of a custom woody top.

I saw the video when they presented this guitar to him. Ya, I was slightly blown away. If o had the coin I would have gotten the x7 sep select for sure. That veneer is spectacular!
Old 09-05-2017, 10:15 PM

Ok I'm a bit confused here.

I thought the colored Emeralds are made with color CF weave cloth, and not sprayed on color to the base Black/grey CF weave cloth.

Someone please enlighten me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber