The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 AM

Default Looking for a classical with a great amplified sound, with a carbon fiber neck

I’m looking for a classical guitar with a great amplified sound, that preferably has a carbon fiber neck or a non adjustable neck.

I love the amplified sound I get with my composite acoustics cargo steel string and want something similar for nylon strings. The whole guitar doesn’t have to be carbon fiber, only the neck. Is there such a guitar?
Old 07-13-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imc2111 View Post
I’m looking for a classical guitar with a great amplified sound, that preferably has a carbon fiber neck or a non adjustable neck.

I love the amplified sound I get with my composite acoustics cargo steel string and want something similar for nylon strings. The whole guitar doesn’t have to be carbon fiber, only the neck. Is there such a guitar?
There might be, but I've never seen one. The only CF in classical/nylon I've seen are completely carbon fiber, not just the neck. When you say "non adjustable" neck, do you mean no truss rod? Many/most traditional classical guitars don't use a truss rod. Some have a hardwood or carbon fiber reinforcement in the center of the neck, and some modern builders do add a truss rod.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:44 AM

Is there? I don't think so.

But why?
Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imc2111 View Post

Just curious, what is advantageous about a carbon neck or a non-adjustable neck?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical