The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-22-2022, 02:20 PM

Default Holy Neck Dive, Batman!

Took a leisurely drive into the White Mountains to Northern Lights Music in Littleton, New Hampshire. They had a Klos full size full carbon guitar in stock, and I wanted to give it a test drive.

I love the herringbone pattern on the body & sound board. And it sounded "like a guitar." But goodness, the neck outweighed the rest of the guitar by quite a bit, leading to pronounced neck dive.

I guess maybe that's why they have such tiny headstocks?

I liked it, but I don't know if I liked it $2000 worth. They had a full size hybrid, carbon fiber & wood, for a good bit less, and while it played well & sounded good that's not what I want in a carbon fiber guitar.
Eastman MD-514 Mandolin - spruce & maple
Kentucky KM-250 Mandolin - spruce & maple
Old 04-22-2022, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

Doin' that crazy neck dive...

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 04-22-2022, 11:23 PM
Charter Member

Funny thing that ...

I have a Klos full size hybrid that I picked up used with a k&k. It came with the stock lower priced tuners. It's crazy light

I decide I wanted to replace the tuners so I ordered the graphtech ratio tuners that are on the deluxe and full carbon.

Went from being well balanced to neck divey. Huge weight difference. I bought some acrylic tuner buttons from Amazon and it helped immensely.

I'm debating whether I will just go back to the stock or not. But at any rate tuners make all the difference.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber