The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-05-2017, 07:02 AM

Default NAD Fishman Loudbox Mini

I received my Loudbox Mini from Sweetwater yesterday. I bought the "Songwriter Package" which is a periodic special that includes the amp, a microphone stand and a Sennheiser Microphone for $329.
Ordered it on Monday morning and it was Fed Ex'ed to my doorstep 11 A.M.yesterday freight free.
So far I am impressed with this little 19.5 lb monster. It's quite loud and has very good dispersion. The guitar sound is excellent and the vocals likewise.
Since most of our gigs are in small to medium-sized rooms, this little puppy should be perfect.
Tip of the hat to Sweetwater for their excellent service as always!

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
I received my Loudbox Mini from Sweetwater yesterday. I bought the "Songwriter Package" which is a periodic special that includes the amp, a microphone stand and a Sennheiser Microphone for $329.
Ordered it on Monday morning and it was Fed Ex'ed to my doorstep 11 A.M.yesterday freight free.
So far I am impressed with this little 19.5 lb monster. It's quite loud and has very good dispersion. The guitar sound is excellent and the vocals likewise.
Since most of our gigs are in small to medium-sized rooms, this little puppy should be perfect.
Tip of the hat to Sweetwater for their excellent service as always!
Congrats dog from another dog!

As a recently featured artist for Fishman at Pacific Guitar Sales & years prior I've had years of experience gigging and recording with all the Loudbox series and currently perform with the Performer and/or Artist depending on situation.
I also had a mini for several years and just sold it to a friend who needed one, but could not afford full price and his review was like yours...he uses it by itself in lil' wine bars then does the DI out into a powered speaker for larger venues and couldn't be happier. Lightweight, versitile and great in the studio as well both vocally and with guitar.

You will thoroughly enjoy this lil fella, best wishes & music!

noledog!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:23 AM

Default Great little amp

I have had mine for a few years now.

I use it with a lapel condenser microphone with a gooseneck clipped to the tailpiece, placed near the bridge of my acoustic Eastman arch top.

I play in a 16 piece big band and it is all the amp I need. Light and powerful. Performs way better than my old Fender Deluxe ever did.

I also have used it with my Gibson ES175 when I was waiting for a replacement for my stolen Eastman. It did a great job with that combination as well.

The only thing that it would be nice to have is phantom power.

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification