The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-01-2022, 06:23 AM

Default Reverb pedal recommendaitons

I really like this new 3 pedal acoustic board that I made. However, I find the TC Poly-tuner to be unnecessary because the clip on tuners actually work well enough, or better for acoustic. I'd like to replace it with a reverb pedal so I can send a full signal to the house for the festival and my opening acts this summer (assuming the voice holds out). Which one would you recommend? There are so many. I think I narrowed it down to Strymon Flint, Hall of Fame 2, and LR Baggs Align. I would consider any others. I think Hall of Fame 2 looks interesting because of the expandability. I like the Tremelo effect on the Flint. The Align seems to be well regarded too.

The other two pedals are the LR Baggs Voice Print DI and the Line 6 G10Sii wireless.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:01 AM

There are so many good options out there. The answer depends on whats sounds you are looking for.

Also consider the neunaber options. I had very good experiences with their wet pedal.

I currently use Meris Mercury 7 because it has a simple nice plate plus crazy ambient sounds.

YouTube: "Bluegum Counterpoint"
https://youtube.com/channel/UCbPhfbyWD5qNUT8ehnkoNlg
Old 07-01-2022, 07:07 AM

Fender preverb was voiced for acoustics it seems. And fender reverbs are nice.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:17 AM

I´d warmly recommend the LRBaggs Align series
Gibson SJ200,Martin OM28V,D18GE custom,000-18 2015,J12-15,Yamaha L25A,L20A,FG350W,FG441S-12,SLG200S,Taylor GSMini mahogany,National M1 tricone,Eastman E10ss/v,Gretch Honey Dipper,Harp Guitar,FenderStratocaster,Line 6 300/600/700 acoustic,W Rees Aberdeen meadows Harp,Fullsicle Harp,2 sitars,more instruments and guitars
Old 07-01-2022, 09:33 AM

The Hall of Fame would get my vote. Toneprint is a really cool advantage. I use a Strymon Bluesky on my acoustic pedalboard now, but it's a little big. In a standard sized pedal, I really like the MXR M300. I have and use one on my large electric pedalboard. It's great!
Old 07-01-2022, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

I have the HoF 2. Looking at the newly improved Strymon Blue Sky.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:25 PM

For something off the beaten path, but is another great reverb pedal that has a small footprint and a lot of options is the Neunaber Imerse. I have that and also the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master v3 which is a simple 4 knob reverb/delay but is very versatile and easy to get very usable affects. I got both used so the price was right. As an aside I daisy chain them to my other pedal effects on my small board and run them into a USB 5v to 9v cable to a 10,000mAh battery bank to avoid wall warts and ground issues.
Composite Acoustic Cargo
Breedlove Crossover OO A-style Mandolin
Parts Telecaster
Old 07-01-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koamon View Post
For something off the beaten path, but is another great reverb pedal that has a small footprint and a lot of options is the Neunaber Imerse. I have that and also the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master v3 which is a simple 4 knob reverb/delay but is very versatile and easy to get very usable affects. I got both used so the price was right. As an aside I daisy chain them to my other pedal effects on my small board and run them into a USB 5v to 9v cable to a 10,000mAh battery bank to avoid wall warts and ground issues.

Thank you for the suggestions on the pedals and the daisy chain. Good idea.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:26 PM

If you want to use the USB/battery bank option, the USB 5v to 9v cable you get should be of high quality and rated for 1000ma or more in order to handle the total sum of all your pedals electrical requirements. I'm not an electrical engineer but the 9v conversion seem like it will cut the mAh of the battery bank in half so get one with at least 10,000mAh or more. I also carry a True Tone 9v wall wart (1750ma) if the house has clean power. This is my setup. The TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 provides phantom power<24v so I use either my Audio Technica AE5400 condenser or AKG 535eb condenser mic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0778.jpg (37.6 KB, 314 views)
Composite Acoustic Cargo
Breedlove Crossover OO A-style Mandolin
Parts Telecaster
Old 07-01-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koamon View Post
If you want to use the USB/battery bank option, the USB 5v to 9v cable you get should be of high quality and rated for 1000ma or more in order to handle the total sum of all your pedals electrical requirements. I'm not an electrical engineer but the 9v conversion seem like it will cut the mAh of the battery bank in half so get one with at least 10,000mAh or more. I also carry a True Tone 9v wall wart (1750ma) if the house has clean power. This is my setup. The TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 provides phantom power&lt;24v so I use either my Audio Technica AE5400 condenser or AKG 535eb condenser mic.

Very helpful!
Old 07-02-2022, 08:33 AM

For gigging I use the HoF built into my Plethora X3. But if it was just me in a room by myself playing for my own enjoyment, the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator Mk II is the most beautiful reverb to my ears. YMMV.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:41 AM

Thanks for all of the recommendations! I found two used pedals for trial, the HOF2 and the Align. If neither suits me, I will look to more expensive options mentioned here. The videos of all the recommendations here were really outstanding.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:02 AM

Get yourself a used (no longer in production) BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb pedal.

This pedal does it all (Delay, Reverb, or combinations of both) and, like all BOSS pedals, is bulletproof.

Last edited by 6L6; 07-02-2022 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
Get yourself a used (no longer in production) BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb pedal.

This pedal does it all (Delay, Reverb, or combinations of both) and, like all BOSS pedals, is bulletproof.

Very cool. I hadn’t even considered this option.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Thanks for all of the recommendations! I found two used pedals for trial, the HOF2 and the Align. If neither suits me, I will look to more expensive options mentioned here. The videos of all the recommendations here were really outstanding.
Any update? I am currently thinking of these two pedals as well, thanks.
2021 Fender Strat AM Pro II

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification