The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-13-2018, 08:52 AM

Default Raccoon climbs 25 story building!

Too funny! https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/us/ra...ntl/index.html

If they wanted the the the thing to come down they should've just parked a full garbage dumpster at the base of the building...
Old 06-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

So now besides "Cat Burglar"
Love the way it sacked out 25 stories up

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 06-13-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
So now besides "Cat Burglar"
Love the way it sacked out 25 stories up
That's why they have their own built-in mask

YouTube
Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 PM

I read the article right through to the happy ending,
where the little rascal was released back into “the wild”, in the suburbs of south Minnesota .
Old 06-13-2018, 06:38 PM

The video of him climbing up the side of the building like Spiderman is funny! They are fearless little critters. I am glad he made it safely to the top.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:06 PM

When he got to the top I wonder if he found Gideon's Bible?

Sorry about that !
Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfreek View Post
They are fearless little critters.
Pretty much. And they have very sharp teeth.

Worth remembering if anyone is thinking about shooing one away from an upturned trash can with a broom ...
Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
I read the article right through to the happy ending,
where the little rascal was released back into “the wild”, in the suburbs of south Minnesota .
We often hear about wild animals being captured and taken away to be released back into the wild and that generally makes us feel warm and happy for the the little critters. Unfortunately, all wild animals have a home somewhere close by to where they were captured and most likely have quite a family in the home waiting for their return. Wild animals are very territorial and any lone animal showing up in another's territory is not going to be welcome, at all. By relocating an animal to the wild is condemning it to a life of loneliness and danger.

I used to live on a hill side where they demolished close to 60 homes to build condominiums below us. All the rats, mice, skunks, raccoons squirrels and other wildlife that lived in those neighbourhoods were displaced and moved up the hill. We had skunks galore in the crawlspace under our house. They would get in fights with each other and when the squealing started, we knew we were in for a big stink. I started to live trap them and release them up to 5 miles away from our house and they would all find their way back. How did I know that? After relocating about 10 skunks I wondered why there were so many still around. After that I marked them with 1 shot of spray paint on there backs as they left the trap and then we took a picture of them walking away. They never ran, they only sauntered away. They all came back.

The way I finally got rid of them was to relocate them all in the same area over about a 6-month period. The area was on the other side of a river that only had 1 high bridge with a main highway crossing it. I caught 26 skunks in total - many of them twice or even 3 times, I presume, and finally relocated them all.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:43 AM

The weirdest thing, for me, was a woman being interviewed on the street.

She said (referring to the raccoon): "I wonder if he knows that he is all over the internet."

Say what??? Do you seriously wonder about this? It is a raccoon; it is completely unaware of the internet.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 06-15-2018, 04:19 AM

If one of those "cute" raccoons gets into your house you'll see destruction and vandalizing as never before! They are wild animals folks and know no boundaries.

Fog
Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
If one of those "cute" raccoons gets into your house you'll see destruction and vandalizing as never before! They are wild animals folks and know no boundaries.

Fog
Indeed they look cute but yes, they are basically flea bitten varmints that can carry rabies and they are destructive. Also most raccoons live in urban areas now and not in the wild.
I live in a densely populated area of a city of 1.5 million people and my neighborhood is full of raccoons. They usually do battle with the cats that roam the neighborhood.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfreek View Post
Indeed they look cute but yes, they are basically flea bitten varmints that can carry rabies and they are destructive. Also most raccoons live in urban areas now and not in the wild.
I live in a densely populated area of a city of 1.5 million people and my neighborhood is full of raccoons. They usually do battle with the cats that roam the neighborhood.
Years ago living in Austin a female friend had an 2nd floor apartment that backed up to Bull Creek. She kept her cat food in a bowl on the little balcony outside the sliding glass door. One evening shortly after dusk she heard a noise and looked out the door. She saw a female raccoon and her three little ones eating the cat's food.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic