The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-20-2018, 08:17 PM

Default 2014 Kenneth Casper 13 Fret OM - **SALE PENDING**

**PRICE DROP!**

As I move on to new interests, I am selling my entire personal collection of acoustic and electric guitars. Next up is an exceptional 2014 Kenneth Casper 13 fret OM, constructed of a brilliant Red Spruce (aka Adirondack) soundboard and Sinker Mahogany back/sides. The top and sides are coupled with Cocobolo bindings, and the headstock, heel cap, and back center strip are also Cocobolo. Adirondack bracing. The neck is South American Mahogany, with a Madagascar Ebony fingerboard and bridge. Neck profile is a full "D" shape in my opinion. Comes equipped with a K&K Mini Pickup installed by Ken Casper.
http://www.casperguitar.com/home.html

Construction was done using hot hide glue, and the top was built with a 40' radius using Adirondack scalloped braces. The back is built to a 15' radius. Scale is 25". Fretwire is LMII Evo Gold FW74. Nut width is 1.75", and string spacing at the saddle is 2.218" on my digital calipers.

Condition of the guitar is excellent, with the only noticeable blems being a a few minor surface impressions on the top, with the most visible one being a 1.5" long "scratch impression"...can't think of any other way to describe it. Too light to photograph, it can only be seen at the right angle with the right light. I would liken it to someone inadvertently lightly rubbing against the surface with a ring or some other object. The Cocobolo heel cap has a small bit of "chipping" along the top of the cap, but really is not that noticeable. Other than that...she is a complete beauty!

Here is a link to the original build thread here on AGF: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=338746

SALE PENDING At this price, and for the woods and quality of construction...it is most likely the best deal on AGF right now. May consider a trade for the Casper, but I'm not playing guitar much anymore...so it would have to be something that really grabs my attention (a Martin D28 or newer model Taylor 814 might just do that....).

Please PM me with questions or email me directly at [email protected]. I'm a long-time member of AGF, and have done numerous deals here as well as on The Gear Page, Reverb and Ebay...all with 100% approval rating. Honest seller, fast shipper.

The following pics are a combination of the original build pics as well as current pictures taken recently:

Last edited by Gkiller; 07-03-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:13 AM

Bump back up for an exceptional, high-quality Ken Casper OM. Don't see many 13-fretters around.....
Old 05-31-2018, 04:47 PM

Thursday bump back to the top.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

I love a 13 fretter.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:04 AM

Sunday bump back up....come and get it while it is here...3 or 4 interested parties have reached out recently, but no decisions made just yet!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:10 PM

Default Great seller here

Guys, I bought a lovely Morgan Concert from this member a couple of years ago. It was really a great transaction, and SUPER well packed. You can feel confident he will describe the instrument accurately and package it suitably for inter-stellar flight. I should just pony up the money and buy this myself - ya better get your money out while it's available!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytone View Post
Guys, I bought a lovely Morgan Concert from this member a couple of years ago. It was really a great transaction, and SUPER well packed. You can feel confident he will describe the instrument accurately and package it suitably for inter-stellar flight. I should just pony up the money and buy this myself - ya better get your money out while it's available!
Thanks man! Hard to believe the Casper is still here...just too much guitar for this price! I'm in no hurry....every time I pick it up I want to keep it. If not for the purchase of a new Harley last week...and then the requisite spending of almost $2K to make it "mine" (i.e. - several trips to the Harley dealership and leaving there with full bags in hand...), I would just hang on to it. May just do that anyway if someone doesn't step up soon!
Old 06-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

This Casper 13 fret OM is a wonderful guitar. I am the original owner and I worked with Ken choosing the woods and the final details. Ken's craftsmanship is as good as it gets, really superb. The only reason I traded the guitar was to try something different....Playing this guitar was always a joy!
One thing I don't think was mentioned, was that the guitar has a K&K Mini pickup installed (by Ken) and the sound amplified is clear and balanced. Don't hesitate!
McPherson Touring
Loar LM-500 mandolin
Fender Performer Tele
Various Basses
Old 06-05-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namrok View Post
This Casper 13 fret OM is a wonderful guitar. I am the original owner and I worked with Ken choosing the woods and the final details. Ken's craftsmanship is as good as it gets, really superb. The only reason I traded the guitar was to try something different....Playing this guitar was always a joy!
One thing I don't think was mentioned, was that the guitar has a K&K Mini pickup installed (by Ken) and the sound amplified is clear and balanced. Don't hesitate!
Thanks for reminding me about the K&K...I can't believe I forgot to include that in the listing!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkiller View Post
Thanks for reminding me about the K&K...I can't believe I forgot to include that in the listing!
It was probably due to vibration from that big twin.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytone View Post
It was probably due to vibration from that big twin.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:36 AM

BUMP BACK TO THE TOP FOR A PRICE DROP TO $2750! BEST DEAL ON AGF RIGHT NOW!!
Old 06-27-2018, 08:48 PM

Hard to believe such an outstanding guitar is still here at this price. If you are not familiar with Kenneth Casper's builds....look him up. Phenomenal craftsmanship and woods used....right up there with the best of them.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Sunday afternoon bump!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
boutique, casper, redwood, sinker