The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
Yeah, until you start thinking about where to put those sound ports...
Ha ha... out of all my acoustics, I've only ever ported one. A Breedlove Passport N250. Hated the onboard preamp, so I took it out and replaced with a Baggs Element. I then rounded out the hole in the upper bout where the stock system lived to make it a port. Still have that guitar kicking around after 7 or 8 years. It was the one I wrote and recorded most of my early material on. I've sketched a ton of stuff over the past couple of years, but haven't recorded anything. Which is a crying shame because my interface, guitars, and mics are miles better than what I did all that material on. Need to get off my keister this winter!!! Love playing, enjoy buying new guitars and occasional gigging. Even enjoy writing (I have several albums' worth on my phones voice recorder.) But I hate the tedium of tracking. Gotta get back in the swing of that.

Last edited by Red_Label; 10-06-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:44 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Make sure you post here or elsewhere (with links) when you do get back at it!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
Make sure you post here or elsewhere (with links) when you do get back at it!
Thanks, I definitely WILL do that. I really need to update my stuff with a quality that reflects my upgraded recording gear. It's been gathering dust for years. I bought my Saffire Pro 40 interface like 4 years ago, and a pair of SM81 mics shortly after. Other than some quick test runs here and there... I really haven't used 'em since. Big part of the issue is that my DAW software (Sonar Producer 8.5) has been unsupported now for several years. It still works, but I'm loath to even begin using it to record, knowing that if there's an issue... I'm on my own. So at some point I'll get new DAW application and plan to get rolling with that. Just a matter of making myself DO IT! (The hardest part.)
Old 10-10-2019, 03:35 AM

Try Reaper. Very economical & capable.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical