The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-14-2018, 08:44 AM

Default TCH Play Acoustic - USB issues

I recently bought a Play Acoustic and I am going through its many features. I connected it to USB on my laptop (Windows 10) and it did playback youtube tunes thru the Play Acoustic. That was yesterday. Now, the laptop just won't connect/recognize the P.A. when I plug it in to the USB port.

The P.A. Input is set to USB, USB Mix levels in&out are at max, tried a new USB cable ... Nothing!

What am I missing???
Old 12-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

I have used the USB connection on my Play Acoustic to load updated firmware... I wasn't aware that there was any "play through" function for it. What are you trying for with YouTube tunes run through the PA?
Old 12-14-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
... I wasn't aware that there was any "play through" function for it. What are you trying for with YouTube tunes run through the PA?
There is the "Vocal Cancel" feature. under SETUP-Output 2/10. It's an On/OFF thing and when it is on, it strips the vocals from a song. I tried it yesterday while feeding Youtube tunes via the PA's USB and it works (kind of). It's useful when trying to figure out the music or to sing "Karaoke style" with the music.

Of course, there is also the straight playback function users might want whether it be from Youtube, a DAW or others.

My issue today is that the laptop just won't "see" the PA as it did yesterday.

Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 12-14-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Ah, thanks for the explanation. That is outside my experience with the PA, but, maybe contact TCH's support or check out their user forum.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:36 AM

Try booting up the laptop before connecting the USB to the playacoustic, if that doesn't work do it the other way around i.e. Connect then boot. It is a bit fiddly.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification