The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Default For Sale: Yamaha SLG-200n (nylon guitar)

SOLD!

For sale: 2019 Yamaha SLG-N, nylon "silent" guitar. Less than 10 hours of use... I was "nylon string curious," played a bunch of different nylon guitars, and decided this best fit my use. It is like new, and satisfied my "nylon curiosity"... I am definitely a steel string, strummer kinda guy. I bought this new, and consider the price drop from the price of a new one is my "tuition" (money paid to learn something).

This guitar comes with the case. No marks or blemishes. The top half of the "body" unscrews and it all fits in the compact case. The electronics allow you to listen to this at any volume without disturbing others in the house, and to add effects like reverb - sounds good with headphones, or plugged directly into an amp or PA.

The neck is wider than the steel string guitars I have been playing for over 50 years; I thought I would adapt. Old dog, new tricks. So, if you have been looking at these, my curiosity is your gain; they sell for $649.

Price: $450, shipping, Paypal, and insurance included. If you have any questions, post here or PM me. CONUS only.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Captain Jim; 12-18-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 12-05-2019, 10:24 AM

Default Action

Hi Captain Jim,

Is this as is out of the box or ha any work been done on to lower the action, etc?

Thank you.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjathon View Post
Hi Captain Jim,

Is this as is out of the box or ha any work been done on to lower the action, etc?

Thank you.
Hi rjathon - my apologies for missing your post. The guitar is as is out of the box. From all the nylon guitars I tried before getting this one, the action seems similar to my second choice: a Taylor A12n. It is higher than my steel string guitars, but not uncomfortably so. The issue for me is the wide neck/nut width for what I am used to. I thought I would adjust, but my fingers rebelled. I thought I might spend more time learning fingerstyle... I am a confirmed strummer. My testing the waters could be good for a nylon player.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Sold! (locally)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars