The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

View Poll Results: Ever built your own guitar or dreaming?
I have built many 9 16.36%
I have built one 6 10.91%
I am planning to build one 25 45.45%
I am dreaming of it but can't because I have 10 left thumbs 13 23.64%
Why building? 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 PM

I voted "I have built one" as there isn't a "I'm building one" option. So far it's taking a long time to get anywhere, as I am buying parts and tools as I go along. This Monday should be the start of where I can really get started as I have an order coming from the US to me in the UK with a lot of parts like a fretboard, tools, bridge etc.

I decided not to make a kit as I wanted to make something a little more different. In some ways, I'm glad I am doing it that was as it will be a completely unique guitar & completely personalised to me.

So far, I have the rosette installed and not much else done. I have been very busy with work lately which helps the wait for the order. I have made a complete restart on most other things due to a few things going wrong that were out of my hands.

My next day off isn't until the 15th February. I plan to be very busy that day getting as much done as I can.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM

I do definitely plan on building one someday, when I can get the time set aside. I'd love to find a class of some sort and build one from scratch versus from a kit, just cause I'd like things to be a certain way in the end. I love watching all the build threads by pros and ams alike though. Very inspiring.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair