The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 12-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Good capo for Veillette Avante Gryphon?

Looking to find a capo that fits this little beauty's neck well. The ones I've got are all for regular acoustic guitars, and when they're not fitting awkwardly, they're muffling notes.
Music: The original mood-altering, non-fattening wonder drug. Ask your doctor if music is right for you. Common side effects include, but are not limited to, spontaneous happiness, increased memory and motor function, connection to others, movement of the feet and head, and the occasional persistence of catchy melodies.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry415 View Post
Looking to find a capo that fits this little beauty's neck well. The ones I've got are all for regular acoustic guitars, and when they're not fitting awkwardly, they're muffling notes.
the g7 Heritage capo works great on my Gryphon (a regular one, not the avante). I'd suspect any capo that can be tension-adjusted and has the right curvature would be ok. i just tried a schub i had sitting here, and that didn't work too well, wrong radius.

Last edited by Doug Young; 12-21-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Hi there Dog--email Joe. I'm sure he'd have some suggestions.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments