The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Default Godin Multiac Nylon SA Intonation

I've enjoyed playing my Godin Multiac for many years but have always noticed the intonation is a little sharp playing in the higher fret positions, especially on the G string. Mine is one of the original models with the individual saddles/pickups set in a straight line and not offset (for better intonation on the G string) like the newer Multiacs.

Do you Multiac SA owners have any recommendations for better intonation? Do some strings intonate better than others for the Multiac (I've been using Savarez 520R)? Has anyone modified the bridge on their Multiac SA for better intonation (will Godin do this)?

I confess that I'm mainly a steel string player (electric and acoustic) so less-precise intonation may be something that nylon string players have to live with and adapt to.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:35 AM

Yes, Misha Tiunov did it on my Godin ACS. You can see it here: https://mux22.livejournal.com/595588.html; sorry for Russian language, but the pictures speak for themselves.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Wow, what a solution! Thanks for sharing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical