The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-19-2019, 06:14 PM

That was a great video!!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on that one of a kind...and wow!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

Hi Staci, and congrats on your beautiful new treasure that came over from the Emerald Isle..........that is one stunning piece of art and music from Alistair, Jessica, and the entire Emerald team. I had tears streaming down my cheeks watching you open it, and react to the images and memories of your grandparents, Mom, etc. and your love for the island of Kauai as a place of peace and comfort......much as music is a place of peace and comfort to us that love and play the guitar.

Congratulations again on your wonderful new friend, and I look forward to meeting you and playing Emerald guitars with you at some point in the future.

Aloha!!

Jim
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 02-19-2019, 09:24 PM

I don't consider myself to be an emotional person and I don't know you personally but oddly enough, I ended up with tears in my eyes while watching that video. Congratulations that is one beautiful guitar!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:36 AM

Awesome! There are no words to describe the joy I feel from seeing you and your guitar united.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 02-20-2019, 09:32 AM

Smile

I’ve watched the video! Touching, great to see you so emotionally moved by the beautiful guitar that brings back so many memories for you. Precious!

Great job by the Emerald team and Artist who made this dream of Staci come to pass!
Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 02-21-2019, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Further confirmation that I'm dead inside. I watched the video, enjoyed it immensely, was (and am) VERY happy for you getting something you had such a strong vision of and that reminds you so strongly of people and places you love.

But I didn't even come close to shedding a tear. I'm damaged over here!

My experience with beautiful stuff like this (guitars, bicycles with really nice ornate lugs, etc) is that I really get off on the aesthetics for a while and then after a time, I'm so focused on the activity I barely see it anymore. And yet I'm always still really glad to know it's there. I feel that way about my beautiful woody X7, which I couldn't stop looking at for the first few weeks, but now i barely see - I just play it a lot. But I'm still happy I got the woody. Because of how personal the artwork on your X7 is, you'll probably always see it, but even if it fades into the background at some point, you'll STILL be glad it's there.

So, ENJOY!

-Ray
Old 02-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Charter Member

You guys are all so sweet. I really appreciate the kind words. Thank you for them.

I've hung the guitar up next to my custom Kauai themed ukulele and love them being sister instruments. I'll post a photo soon to show it on the wall (hung more horizontally than vertically as Alistair encouraged - to better show off the artwork) in the next day or so.

P.S. I forgot - one cool thing Alistair added was glow in the dark fret dots. I totally don't need them, but I really, really like them.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 02-21-2019 at 04:22 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber