The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thumbs up Introducing Composite Acoustics

I'd like to introduce our newest sponsor Composite Acoustics and publicly thank them for helping make our community possible.

If you haven't seen these guitars, you really should check out their website and read about composite guitars and all the advancements and benefits.

http://www.compositeacoustics.com/

J.R. Rogers
AGF Founder and President
Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Welcome aboard CA.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:57 PM

Welcome CA! Can you make Koacarbon fiber?
Russ
Old 09-07-2007, 02:44 PM

This is great news! I just put cash down on a Legacy Performer. Truly a wonderful guitar. And yes, I have some other high end guitars. None of them compare to the sound of this piece. Just amazing. Welcome aboard.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
In The Pocket

I am excited about CA guitars, and plan to add one to my herd! I just need to get my hands on one or more to demo...

Welcome aboard!

- Devin
Isaiah 38:20
---------------------
Devin @ MySpace
Devin's Guitars
Old 09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the best forum on the web..

Sure would like to try one out. Sound good on the website, but need to have one in my hands ...

Why can't we just get along

Last edited by Comfort Player; 09-07-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM

Thanks! I joined this forum because you guys obviously know acoustic guitars, and almost all of the posts deal with wooden guitars.

I want people to know they have choice - there is a great acoustic guitar that is not wood.

I know and understand that wood is part of the fabric of the acoustic guitar culture - and that there are many, many incredible wooden guitars made from all kinds of beautiful woods. And that is not going to change.

However, this forum, and every other acoustic guitar forum is filled with posts about the problems with wood, primarily related to the effects of moisture and the tendancy for wood to move over time.

We make a great acoustic guitar, period. It just so happens it is not made of wood, and it is not affected by humidity, and won't change over time.

We compliment the wood guitar market - while many people choose our guitars instead of wood because of the advantages, many others choose our guitars as a compliment to their wooden guitars - because our guitars offer something wooden guitars don't.

I don't expect to change anybody's mind in this forum - I just want to make people aware of options they may not have considered and provide information about our products - ultimately, the choice of your next guitar is yours and yours alone.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:38 PM

Welcome, Ellis! I've had my CA for about three years now and it's been a pleasure to play. I look forward to reading your contributions to this forum.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Ellis, Just out of curiousity have you ever experimented with a CF shell (body) with a wood top?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Ellis, Just out of curiousity have you ever experimented with a CF shell (body) with a wood top?
Tim,

While I'm quite sure it would sound outstanding, it would have the same problem as the Ovation tops on the fiberglass bowls - if the top ever got dry, it would crack.

A wood back moves similarly to the top with moisture, and the curved sides have enough give to give you some margin of humidity change without major problems in a wooden guitar - a carbon back and sides would be much less forgiving to top expansion/contraction due to humidity change.

You make some awesome guitars! - wood works well with wood - and I hope there is always good wood available for guys like you!

By the way, Bob Minner is a great guy!! - he was a strong endorser of our instruments for a long time. We are currently working on a model for Tim Stafford, who if I recall, is also a big fan of your work.

Ellis
Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Ellis,
Yes, Bob spoke very highly of your company and his relationship there. I also know Tim likes your guitars for touring for the obvious reasons. I heard one of your guitars at LB's Jam in GA last fall and I was quite impressed with its sound plugged in. You definitely have a unique product that will add to the acoustic community as a whole and I wish your company the best of luck in the future.

As far as wood goes ... I love the sound of it and the way it works in my hands as well as the challenges I face with each instrument I build. I realize that CF has far less variation in the building process and that is one factor that I can appreciate from an engineering standpoint. I have a sickness that you may have heard of called WAS (Wood Aquisition Sydrome). If I never bought another piece of wood from this day forth, I will still have enough stashed to finish out my carreer.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:35 AM

Another warm AGF welcome, Ellis. We're glad you're here! Not only are your guitars very highly regarded by those who know them, there are a great many of us who do not - yet! Your being here to talk shop will definitely add to the enjoyment of hanging out here, much the same as Tim and our other member builders.

I'm especially grateful that you've become of our Sponsors! I know there are other fine builders out there, but when it comes time for my next guitar purchase, those that help support this forum get bumped to the top of my list. Thanks for helping make this community possible!

cotten
Old 09-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum! We have great members here and it's nice to see more manufacturers join us!

Russ
Old 09-09-2007, 10:22 AM

Ellis , Welcome to the forum,

Not to long ago I was looking to try a Graphite Guitar, but did not get the chance. I really did not know much about them. As you mentioned, some people love them and some want the Wood from what I read in general.

I just looked at your web site and found there is a dealer just outside of Philly ( in Bryn Mawr Pa ) . I am planning on getting out there soon to try out a few of your guitars. I might be in the Market for one !

Thanks

Jerry
Old 09-09-2007, 10:26 AM

I've wanted to get my hand on a CA guitar. I wouldn't know how to act if I had a "woody" sounding guitar that weather changes wouldn't hurt. Welcome aboard.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber