The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM

My '71 grand concert does it for me, hands down the best of my four CFM amigos. Purchased from a forum member a few years ago who most likely regrets selling. This one has it all, tone, play-ability, volume, sustain. Neck profile is perfect for me, carved back in the day when it was still done by hand. I made a giraffe bone saddle and added the armrest, teamed up w/ a set of JP 600l. I've had many nice complements on the tone from fellow guitarists and regular folks alike. If I was ever forced to sell, it'd be the last to go.

'14 Martin 00-15m
Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 AM
*mahoganut*

Default I can never decide...

I have appreciated OOs for a long time. Here are three of my favorites - a 1930s reclaimed African mahogany by John Mayes; a Honduran mahogany from the "tree" by Mike Baranik; and a set of fantastic koa by Butch Boswell. All have redwood tops - the first two with "Lucky Strike" redwood and the Boswell with one of the finest and straightest grain pieces I've ever seen.

All are extremely comfortable and playable (all are 14 fretters), all have characteristics that differentiate them from the others, and all are perfect for specific songs and musical applications.

And yes, spruce/cedar tops and rosewood B&S are noticeably missing!

Cheers all,

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_5232_1.jpg (49.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_5250_1.jpg (54.0 KB, 89 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion