The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-29-2019, 07:54 PM

To all the mcjammers family,
I am deeply saddened to have missed the jam this year, I did try and call later in the evening, on Saturday night.
The hospital staff would not let me out early due to low blood pressure, and i finally got home about 9pm your time.
If by miracle I get use of my arms again in the next 12 months after spinal surgery, 2020 Mcjam will be high on my recovery agenda in person.
Looking forward to seeing photos.
Regards Coldshot.
1995 Gibson J 35 Ltd No 7 of 250
1958 Gibson L48
1955 Gibson ES125
Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldshot View Post
I am deeply saddened to have missed the jam this year, I did try and call later in the evening, on Saturday night.
The hospital staff would not let me out early due to low blood pressure, and i finally got home about 9pm your time.
If by miracle I get use of my arms again in the next 12 months after spinal surgery, 2020 Mcjam will be high on my recovery agenda in person.
Regards Coldshot.
Sorry we missed you this year. I couldn’t think of a better way to put mind over matter and invoke some healing powers! That would indeed be awesome! I hope you can make it happen!
Old 06-30-2019, 06:43 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldshot View Post
Regards Coldshot.
I will speak with Rodger and insist that he not impose any fines or penalties against you this year Coldshot! It was our fault for not picking up the phone and you get 100% credit for making the call. You were certainly missed. We still consider you one of our original core group members since you have attended every McJam by phone or Skype, which we appreciate and look forward to each year.

We will keep your full recovery in our prayers because miracles still happen to those who have hope and faith. Get well mate and we look forward to your attendance at McJam 13!
Old 06-30-2019, 08:53 AM

Craig - By the power vested in me, I hereby waive all fines and penalties. Mary, on the other hand, for failing to answer the phone..... that is another story.

You were missed so much Craig! It would be wonderful if you could attend in person! Praying for that miracle!!
Old 07-03-2019, 06:56 AM
AGF Sponsor

Ohhhh, I see how this goes! Step away from the computer messages for a week to make the McJam 2019 book and I get the chat attack. WHUTS with that?

Ok - yes. My bad. Craig, when you called us I was doing dishes. I glanced at the phone and it appeared to be a ROBO call. It simply read that it was from UNITED STATES. I looked at Nancy who was helping me do dishes and rolled my eyes and said something quirky like, "The United States is calling me. Maybe they all planned to come to the McJam." I smirked and Nancy smiled as she continued to work.

As we were closing down the McJam a group of us gathered to share our goodbye hugs. Tim, Rodger, Bruce or Neil commented somehow that it was different not having a call from Craig. And at that moment it hit me. I quickly yanked out my phone from my pocket and I double checked. I turned on the speaker phone for all to hear and my guiltiness poured over me.

It was Coldshot! He called!

So, to all the McJammers and to you especially, Craig-O, I apologize.

Craig, I tip my hat to you for calling even as you felt totally miserable and still managed to give us your time and brotherly love. Thank you.

If you did not get the email to order a McJam 2019 book please let me know. I was able to search discounts, but it still isn't a cheap book. If you attended your picture should be in there at least once. Tim and I are learning a new email system so cope with us a while to get things in order. It's not easy being technology ignorant and still trying to make sense of it all.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Mary... your apology certainly seems heart felt. I think The Event Coordinator Board of Executives can see our way clear to sentence you to "time served" with no further fines or disciplinary actions.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Mary... your apology certainly seems heart felt. I think The Event Coordinator Board of Executives can see our way clear to sentence you to "time served" with no further fines or disciplinary actions.
Whew! Thanks, boss!

I’ll share pictures in email so y’all don’t have to buy the book to see pictures. This way you can ignore what you don’t need and save only your own chosen ones. It’s on my to-do list so hang in there!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 07-04-2019, 01:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Happy July 4th to all our McJammers. Stay safe!

[email protected]
Old 07-25-2019, 09:13 PM

Any pics from McJam?
Old 07-26-2019, 06:16 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hey they Horse,
We missed you this year. There are lots of pics but I don't think that Mary has posted any yet. I know she was working on her annual McJam book. Rodger may have some too but he was missing his better half's help this year so he was running around like a one armed wall paper hanger wearing too many hats.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:15 AM
AGF Sponsor

Attn:

Adrianne has purchased a local building where the owner left behind many decent items.

If you are interested in any of the following items, call me.

Guitars, vinyl albums and turn tables, books, keyboards, bongos, tambourines, a church organ I'm told still works, audio books, Laser Disk Movies and player.

And there are non-musical items, too. Cookie jars, chess sets, lava lamps, camel backs, fanny packs, fishing supplies, bows and arrows, Turn tables and other electronic, men's Bikes - way more than needed for a life time and men's and women's bicycle riding jerseys and suits and a ton of fairly new weight lifting equipment ready to buff you up. And there is more stuff.

Ross has been here. He can tell you what he has seen. You know my email and don't hesitate to call.

[email protected]
Old 10-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Attn:

Adrianne has purchased a local building where the owner left behind many decent items.

If you are interested in any of the following items, call me.

Guitars, vinyl albums and turn tables, books, keyboards, bongos, tambourines, a church organ I'm told still works, audio books, Laser Disk Movies and player.

And there are non-musical items, too. Cookie jars, chess sets, lava lamps, camel backs, fanny packs, fishing supplies, bows and arrows, Turn tables and other electronic, men's Bikes - way more than needed for a life time and men's and women's bicycle riding jerseys and suits and a ton of fairly new weight lifting equipment ready to buff you up. And there is more stuff.

Ross has been here. He can tell you what he has seen. You know my email and don't hesitate to call.
Well, you know we want to know what guitars there are. ;-)

That said I was glad to see your message. It's been too quiet from you and Tim lately. I keep looking for McKnight build threads in the Custom Shop sub forum. I enjoy Tim's insight into the builds and tools.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:41 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
Any pics from McJam?
Sorry for the late reply. Here are a few pics to g\whet your whistle:

Old 10-04-2019, 06:49 AM
AGF Sponsor

The dummy in black is getting edumacated by the much smarter guys who happen to be electronic gurus:

This father / son duo won the long distance award this year driving all the way from South Carolina!

Rodger, the much over worked and under paid official event coordinator team of one ... we missed you Kathy!

I can't figure out how this guy can sleep standing up?

I'm told that it takes years of practice and lots of yawning:
Old 10-04-2019, 06:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

While the boys were talking strategy Mary taught an art class

Practicing for the world famous and soon to turn platinum ... "Goin' to the McJam" song...

Even the flowers like to strut their stuff at the McJam

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases