The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 03-27-2018, 06:44 AM

Default On Personable performers

Above is a pic of myself and my daughter and a terribly lighted shot of Kevn Kinney. For the uninitiated, Kevn is the lead singer and song writer for Drivin N Cryin, a band that had their heyday in the 80's with McDougal Blues, Fly Me Corageous, Honeysuckle Blues, and I'm going Straight to Hell, that continue to produce new music. He played a 2 hour and twenty minute acoustic "story teller's" set and then was nice enough after the show to come out into the audience, visit with people, sign autographs, take pics and chat !. His stage presence was very personable but the hour or two he spent after the show made it the bomb for me. Had similar experiences seeing Davey Jones (Monkey's fame before he died) Poco, Pure Prarie League, The Mavericks, and James McMurtry, Tommy Emmanuel, and of course the guy who always seems willing to give the most Wayne Henderson.

I for one, would rather attend smaller, more personable venues where the performers are willing to rub elbows than a big coliseum show. Anyone else ?

Hats off to any performers willing to mix it up after their performance !

John
13 Fret Charis SJ
Martin D-41
Halcyon 12 Fret 000
A&L Ami
McIlroy A30c
Taylor 610 LTD
Martin DCPA1
Seagull Original
Gretsch White Falcon
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (Ebony)
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (HC Burst)
Epi Swingster Royale
Gibson LP Trad Pro II
Godin Exit 22
Old 03-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

I'm with you, John.

We have several small venues nearby, and they have spoiled me. Most often the performers do a meet and greet (free) at the merchandise table afterwards.

I've totally sworn off outdoor stadiums, and it takes a lot to get me into a hockey rink these days. The smaller venues are cheaper, the sound is better, you are closer and the performers seem to be more in touch with the audience than the huge acts from decades back who are playing their greatest hits live...
Old 04-09-2018, 10:29 AM

Absolutely agree!

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases