The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

I use very basic pedals, mostly Boss. I have a tuner, two overdrives, clean boost, chorus and reverb. I bought a Boss BCB-60, it has served me very well.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

This is what I did, not a particularly cheap solution but I'm happy with it and lots of room for expansion. The pedal power underneath provides DC power from an AC cord, the PX-8 plus provides 8 loops with total bypass switches and bright lights to tell you what's on and what's not on, and the rack provides the velcro space.

Most of these effects are in my amp effects loop, so that's two 1/4 cords, and the wah and wireless receiver are in front of the amp, so that's another 1/4 cord (plus another going into the wah that I usually use instead of the wireless, which eats batteries on the transmitter end). Add the AC power cord and it's a fairly thick mass of cables going back to the amp, which I zip-tie together.

Next project is to build a riser stand for my amp, so I can store the pedalboard underneath and the whole unit can be wheeled around.

front.jpg

back.jpg

over.jpg
'82 Fender Musicmaster bass
'15 Breedlove Premier OF mandolin
Marshall JVM210c amp plus a bunch of stompboxes and misc. gear
Old 04-20-2018, 07:15 PM

Check MF for amp risers. They have a few got under $40. I bought a Proline for my Fishman Loudbox Performer and it’s an excellent stand.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 PM

Another thing to be aware of just in case you run into this issue...

I had a Pedaltrain...nice board! A Voodoo Labs' ISO 5 fit nicely underneath. My pedals laid out nicely, but there was this very odd, very low buzz in my signal chain. Could not figure out which pedal was causing it at first...all tested fine by themselves.

So, then I played with placement...bingo! The culprit? The ISO5 in near proximity to pedals with inductors! I had a wah pedal and a direct box on top...both use inductors. Get either pedal close to the top side near the ISO5 and there it was...the ISO5 switching power supply was being induced into the inductor of any pedal close. Moved the pedals and noise was gone.

BradM

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><
Old 09-21-2018, 11:34 AM

Exclamation ¡ More Ways To Skin The Cat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindibona1 View Post
Do what I did... Got to Home Depot and find one of those fuzzy gray door mats that have just enough fuzz to look like it will hold velcro... because it will. Then just add male velcro to your pedals.

Now what I did was cut it to size to fit a large hard photo print case. That left enough for a smaller "board" that would fit into a standard size computer keyboard case. I also wanted to stiffen it a bit so I reinforced the back with strips from a cut up wooden yardstick. Cost: $4 plus pedals.

Here's a photo with some of my pedals along with the Line 6 and/or Boss switches...

Really a smart move , - it was to easy to think about I guess heh heh heh .

A pair of handles screwed on a plywood undercarriage to mount the rubber mat to and it's fixed on nicely
- and -
it could be placed in it's own [ Case] when transporting/setting up/down with marinal hassles .

Thanks .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars