The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-29-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Very nice job on this! I enjoyed your rendition! Excellent job on the finger picking! And nice job on the singing, too!

- Glenn
Glenn,

Thank you for your kind words. Checked out your YouTube, wow! You are a very accomplished guitarist and have excellent singing voice. That Olson that you used for that amazing rendition of You’ve got a friend, is a guitar that I can only dream of owning. I am very close to putting the order for Yamaha LS56. Thanks again for taking a listen to my take on JD country road.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
Not to be picky, but he didn't write that song. His backup singers Bill & Taffy Danoff, did.
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my take on country road. Yes I knew that he did not write it himself but I thought he co-wrote it. I guess I am wrong.
Another nice tune, “There Goes My Life” by Kenny Chesney was also not written by him but by Wendell Mobley, who is an excellent singer himself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell