The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-21-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Thanks guys! So I've just received it a couple of days ago (photos to follow) and I have to say I was VERY surprised by it. A more in depth review will follow, as well as a video, but for now, it's a pretty incredible guitar! Not to mention at a pretty good price too. Would highly recommend those looking for a great instrument that won't break the bank, to drop John Datlen an e-mail

John, you've did it again! Been very impressed by all the guitars of yours I've had the privilege of playing someone is going to be a happy owner of this Datlen.
Professional photos, courtesy of Josh Isaacs (jji)

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 01-21-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Thanks guys! So I've just received it a couple of days ago (photos to follow) and I have to say I was VERY surprised by it. A more in depth review will follow, as well as a video, but for now, it's a pretty incredible guitar! Not to mention at a pretty good price too. Would highly recommend those looking for a great instrument that won't break the bank, to drop John Datlen an e-mail

John, you've did it again! Been very impressed by all the guitars of yours I've had the privilege of playing someone is going to be a happy owner of this Datlen.
Thanks for the great review Marcus! I’m looking forward to the video clips!
It was fun designing and building this new body style. It’s a slight departure from the traditional “Martin” shape that I was building before. I wanted to improve upon the already great tone and volume from my previous single 0 builds but give it a bit more modern aesthetic. Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDatlen View Post
Thanks for the great review Marcus! I’m looking forward to the video clips!
It was fun designing and building this new body style. It’s a slight departure from the traditional “Martin” shape that I was building before. I wanted to improve upon the already great tone and volume from my previous single 0 builds but give it a bit more modern aesthetic. Thanks again!
John and Marcus, congratulations on this one! A very gorgeous looking guitar; waiting to hear Marcus' sound/video clips!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:29 AM

I have listed this guitar on the "Guitars in stock" thread, do check it out! Here's a short audio clip I recorded on my Samsung S7 Edge so the quality isn't the best. I shall have a video and some proper mic-ing of this guitar soon!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-01-2018, 10:13 AM

Default NEW VIDEO!

Hey guys, here's the promised video! If you want to skip straight to hearing how the guitar sounds, fast forward to 2:37. Enjoy!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Charter Member

I urge that folks watch this video. Not many sound clips of Johns work exist yet and his sound is awesome. This little guitar is a beast.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:16 PM

Marcus, that guitar sounds "wonderful!" Beautiful bass, even at such a low tuning... Looks beautiful as well. Congrats to you and John on this guitar!
Old 03-04-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJI View Post
I urge that folks watch this video. Not many sound clips of Johns work exist yet and his sound is awesome. This little guitar is a beast.
It indeed is a beast! Had a little visit from a particular luthier over the weekend who was taken aback by the volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Marcus, that guitar sounds "wonderful!" Beautiful bass, even at such a low tuning... Looks beautiful as well. Congrats to you and John on this guitar!
The bass is incredibly impressive! I am even palm muting it for majority of the demo, and it still growls.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Very nice!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:02 AM

Default SOLD!

This Datlen has found a very happy new home and we are excited to bring in our very next one.

John has a 00 in the works and we are looking to adopt it for our next Datlen Luthiery. Here is a quick sneak peek of it:

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
datlen, engelmann, singapore, the golden era guitar, ziricote