The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Best of My Love

I was just playing this one out of the blue last weekend with my girlfriend trying to get the harmonies right. You just nailed them with a great vocal and performance on this one Ernie.

As others have said, I hope you will find the inspiration in the many encouraging remarks above to once again use your gift to uplift yourself and for the enjoyment of others. - Best, Doug

p.s. I seem to recall a killer version of Van Morrison's "Crazy Love" that you posted some time ago that is worth searching for.

Last edited by doodahdoug; 08-18-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumming View Post
Perfect vocal for this song! I'm envious. Have you had voice lessons or did it come out of the box that way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
I'm a little late to the party but I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful rendition of one of my favorite songs!

You are blessed with a beautiful natural instrument. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope whatever it is that is going on in your life works out. It's easy for us to say, "Just stick it out" because we don't know what you are going through but I do hope it all works like you need it to.

Best,
PJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Wow...that was stellar! Unlike some other who have heard you before, this was a first for me, and now I want to search for more. And wait for future recordings! I heard the faintest touch of gritty underneath some very smooth tones, and that's an awesome combination. I'm hoping you'll be willing to break out the guitar and record some additional stuff, and share it here. Share it anywhere! Take a dozen songs and your guitar to a local park, sit near some people and play. I bet you get an audience quickly. Hit a local open mic or two, I bet you become a requested regular. You are very talented, and I would gladly listen to whatever you post. Thank you for sharing this!

More than anything, I hope you surround yourself with positive people and images, focus on things you can do, not on what you can't, set the image in your mind of what "happy" looks and feels like, and chart that course. And play music, lots and lots of music.
The abundance of encouragement and positivity is overwhelming. So blessed to have friends like this on the AGF.

Things are brighter and I’ve decided that today will be a good day regardless of what may lie ahead. It is a Saturday after all and I choose to be happy. Going for a hike in a couple hours and maybe play guitar this afternoon.

Thank you friends.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
I was just playing this one out of the blue last weekend with my girlfriend trying to get the harmonies right. You just nailed them with a great vocal and performance on this one Ernie.

As others have said, I hope you will find the inspiration in the many encouraging remarks above to once again use your gift to uplift yourself and for the enjoyment of others. - Best, Doug

p.s. I seem to recall a killer version of Van Morrison's "Crazy Love" that you posted some time ago that is worth searching for.
Hi Doug. I bet you and your gf had a blast singing and playing. Thank you for always sharing kind words.

This may be what you were looking for.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 PM

Amazing job!! I think that is one of the best covers of an Egles song that I can remember...They are probably my favorite group and I generally don't like covers of there music much... but that was outstanding!!
My life has been challenging for the last 18 months or so...And I have to believe things will get better... And they will for you to ....we have to have hope and I know how difficult that can be at times.
Hang in there
2017 Washburn Revival 1939 Solo Deluxe reissue (S EIR sunburst) (Amber)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
2008 S style (Blue)
2018 T style (Pearl)
2019 Fender Mustang II V2
Old 08-19-2018, 08:52 PM
*mahoganut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Hi Doug. I bet you and your gf had a blast singing and playing. Thank you for always sharing kind words.

wow, e - that was special! thanks...

best,

phil
Old 08-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post

This was great! Can I ask what your recording setup is? I want to record, ideally with video, and have no idea where to begin. Thanks!

Again, keep looking forward and up. I like that you posted that you made a decision to be happy...I'm a firm believer in affirmations like that.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:55 PM

This was wonderful. Really enjoyed it. And as always I really like The Eagles. Fun to play and sing.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:21 PM
Charter Member

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this E!, so nice.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:02 PM

I can’t thank you guys enough for the generous compliments to my recording attempts and more importantly, for the words of encouragement as I face life’s challenges.

When discussions about coated strings or $500 guitars or best guitarist ever or straight grained backs ever get heated up around here, just remember that we can always argue as brothers (and sisters) but the AGF is by far, the best place to be on the net.

Thanks again guys for everything.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
This was great! Can I ask what your recording setup is? I want to record, ideally with video, and have no idea where to begin. Thanks!

Again, keep looking forward and up. I like that you posted that you made a decision to be happy...I'm a firm believer in affirmations like that.
Very simple. A pair of Gefell M300s for the guitar, Rode NTK for vocals all going through Apogee Duet into an aging iMac with the latest GarageBand. My room is completely untreated but has a bed and furniture to help with reflections. Nowhere near the best but good enough for my occasional attempts.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell