The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 08-05-2018, 07:54 PM

Default Replacement bridge pre-routed for piezo?

Hello. I have an older Epiphone PR5-E. It has considerable belly bulge, so I'm working towards resolving that. I did a rough job of removing the bridge and damaged it pretty badly. Are any replacement bridges out there pre-cut for an under saddle piezo pickup? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Arguably, they are all cut out for an undersaddle pu. It is the saddle that is shortened, usually, and the slot is what it is. The exception is when the bridge has been shaved down to where the slot is too shallow to support the saddle after the pu is installed.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Arguably, they are all cut out for an undersaddle pu. It is the saddle that is shortened, usually, and the slot is what it is. The exception is when the bridge has been shaved down to where the slot is too shallow to support the saddle after the pu is installed.
Thank you. I'll use the original saddle with the new bridge and see how things line up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair