The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-18-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I'm not sure where you're seeing sync issues, but the spot I noticed, he appears to be out of sync (strumming seems wrong) in the same spot in both, then it corrects. I assume that's an issue with the source video?
It's two different things. Thing 1: the video was constructed using one master-shot performance as the basis. The artist could neither play in time nor to a click, so the decision was made to edit together a track that was more or less steady and hide the biggest video discrepancies with cutaways. Not 100% successful. Thing 2: Besides the aforementioned, the audio in the Facebook version is at least 2 frames early. Easiest to see in the drums at the end, where the cymbal repeatedly goes bash before the guy makes contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Here's the video I recently posted<><>
Are you seeing issues I am missing?
Nope, looks fine to me (and sounds beautiful -- lovely playing and recording). But the electric-guitar playing in the FB video I posted looks fine, too, even though I know it's not. So I'm not the best judge.

Couch Standards
Old 10-18-2020, 10:42 PM

Default Sharing video on Youtube or Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Here's something I'm pretty familiar with, same exact file uploaded to both Youtube and Facebook.

Youtube:

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/StevenWagne...57766491147218

To me, the Youtube version sounds very much like the source. And it's in sync. The "featured artiste" prefers the sound of the FB version, and must not care about sync.

I remember getting sync issues when I rendered using a variable bitrate encode. Now I always encode at a constant bitrate (HEVC at 30MBPS) or so, and it seems to work well. I’ve noticed distortion on the audio of of Facebook videos if I get too close to zero DB.

Last edited by lkingston; 10-19-2020 at 08:11 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD