The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-22-2022, 09:44 AM

Default NGD - Cordoba C10

I may have lost my mind but I have decided that I really just enjoy the sound of Nylon so much more and traded my Martin 000-15 for a Cordoba C10. It was love at first pluck and it makes the sounds I hear in my head when I think of how fingerpicked music should sound. I had a C7 previoulsy and the build quality and depth of sound from the solid rosewood C10 is heads above that.

Honestly my Yamaha does what I need it to do in terms of steel string sounds and I am so happy with the trade. I know some would argue how I could trade an American made Martin but honestly I was only keeping it for the name on the headstock. once I got over that I could not be happier with my decision. Now to wear out these strings.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster
Old 07-22-2022, 11:04 AM

Congrats on the NGD! The C10's are excellent guitars at their price-points!

I honestly don't think that you've lost your mind. Then again, you are posting to the "Classical" sub-forum. I only have two steel-string acoustics. The remaining six are nylon-stringed classicals or flamencos.

And Yamaha makes excellent steel-string acoustics at all of their price-points. I have been looking at one of their LLs and LSs for a future acquisition since I prefer wider nut-widths.
Old 07-22-2022, 02:16 PM

Congrats on the C10!

I have a C7 on the lighter side and the bass is almost too much! I do enjoy it and the Humicase is high quality as well.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:14 PM
Charter Member

Hey, not crazy at all. Different guitar for different purposes (something my wife just can't seem to understand). I own a C9; these are good guitars.
Old 07-23-2022, 07:28 AM

Congrats! I don’t know of anything that beats a C10 for the money. Great guitars!
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 07-23-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackC1 View Post
Different guitar for different purposes (something my wife just can't seem to understand).
And different guitars for different tunings too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical