The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-29-2023, 04:28 PM

Default NFL Playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
With Purdy out (or back in with severe limitations), and down 14 points, I am not very hopeful. Too bad that the Eagles, should they win, haven’t played the real Niners.

They’re clearly frustrated. Penalties costed them yet another touchdown. This game is a wrap.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:05 PM

SF keepin’ it classy!
Old 01-29-2023, 05:32 PM

Go Eagles!!!!
Old 01-29-2023, 05:35 PM

Well, we enjoyed our home made nachos…..

As a Niner fan, that was painful to watch. The Eagles looked good, but not so good that I won’t wonder to myself what might have happened if Purdy hadn’t been hurt. Imagine what might have been if the Eagles had only been up 14-7 at the half; or maybe even 14-10.

Losing your 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks in the conference championships after losing 1st and 2nd string QB’s for the entire season? Crazy….
Old 01-29-2023, 05:47 PM

If the Bengals beat K.C. again does Burrow get the State Farm commercial?
Old 01-29-2023, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
Well, we enjoyed our home made nachos…..

As a Niner fan, that was painful to watch. The Eagles looked good, but not so good that I won’t wonder to myself what might have happened if Purdy hadn’t been hurt. Imagine what might have been if the Eagles had only been up 14-7 at the half; or maybe even 14-10.

Losing your 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks in the conference championships after losing 1st and 2nd string QB’s for the entire season? Crazy….

Just like any game, there were lots of questionable calls. Defense couldn’t play as physical because the refs were calling everything. But that defense was clearly frustrated and doing boneheaded moves like face masking a player that was going out of bounds in the backfield. Or frustratingly trying to punch a ball that wasn’t coming off after forward progress had stopped. Then of course the scuffle that ended with ejected players.

That fourth down incomplete pass that set the first td of the game was everything.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
That fourth down incomplete pass that set the first td of the game was everything.
I don’t think it was everything - the Niners tied the game not long after. What put them in a deep hole was the unforced fumble they gave up right before the half and suddenly the Eagles are up 21-7 at halftime. Then when the 4th stringer got knocked out of the game and Purdie came back in but obviously couldn’t throw anything longer than a screen pass that it got really sad. When you’re down 21 in the second half and are running every play, it was obviously over.

For all the penalties, I didn’t see any that were egregiously bad, though. The pass to Smith on 4th and 3 would have come back, but Smith knew it and got his guys to the line for a quick snap to beat the challenge flag. The two hits that knocked out the Niners QBs were clean hits. Hassan Reddick had something to prove in this game and I think he made a strong case for himself.

It was kind of an ugly game - the Niners defense was great for most of the first half, but when it came down to it, their top ranked run defense gave up four rushing TDs.

The Eagles don’t have anything to apologize for.

-Ray
Old 01-29-2023, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post

-Ray
Completely agree. Great win.
Epiphone Dot
Old 01-29-2023, 09:05 PM

Chiefs win a close one.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:15 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Congrats to the refs, uh I mean, Chiefs.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 01-29-2023, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Yep,the refs really stepped up tonight.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

I have to think that the Eagles look unbeatable. I guess we will see in the Super Bowl.

- Glenn
Old 01-29-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I don’t think it was everything - the Niners tied the game not long after. What put them in a deep hole was the unforced fumble they gave up right before the half and suddenly the Eagles are up 21-7 at halftime. Then when the 4th stringer got knocked out of the game and Purdie came back in but obviously couldn’t throw anything longer than a screen pass that it got really sad. When you’re down 21 in the second half and are running every play, it was obviously over.

For all the penalties, I didn’t see any that were egregiously bad, though. The pass to Smith on 4th and 3 would have come back, but Smith knew it and got his guys to the line for a quick snap to beat the challenge flag. The two hits that knocked out the Niners QBs were clean hits. Hassan Reddick had something to prove in this game and I think he made a strong case for himself.

It was kind of an ugly game - the Niners defense was great for most of the first half, but when it came down to it, their top ranked run defense gave up four rushing TDs.

-Ray

Eagles did play the better game. 49rs were just unfortunate plagued with injuries, and their frustrated defense couldn’t play clean enough to keep the referee’s flags in their pockets.

Mahomes now has two weeks to heal that ankle, it’s likely he made it worse today. That game was quite exciting, I wish Burrow brought it home. Mahomes had a few breaks, at one time he had 5 downs, and then a free first down due to a holding call. Bengals o-line couldn’t protect Burrow, guy got sacked way too many times. Now for the big dance, I think the Eagles got this. Chiefs can’t convert 3rd downs, and it’s likely Mahomes won’t be 100%. Without his full mobility, he’s just quite the slightly above average pocket passer.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post

I hate to partake in refs were paid conspiracy theories because it brings me back to the Patriots golden years where haters had nothing better to do but claim Brady paid the refs. But I have to say there were quite a few questionable calls that mostly benefited the chiefs. Bad calls are just part of football. Imagine the NFL replacing the refs with a system of cameras and sensors that will catch absolutely everything to perfection. It would make a very dull game if there’s a holding call every other play. We need the imperfection of human error to keep the game interesting.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:27 PM
Charter Member

I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I was pulling for a Brock Purdy sentimental story. I was disappointed that he was injured and could not play to his full potential. I would have rather seen a healthy "Mr Irrelevant" play his best and lose at the end due to brilliant play on the opposition's part rather than see a lame-duck QB reduced to handling off every play and the defense knows it....and he is back in there trying to do something but it is a lost case as his his replacement has also been medical eliminated.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic