The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-29-2023, 06:57 PM

Default High hopes: the best ___ for ___

I notice we're often quick to ask for the best ______ to/for ____. Yet we seldom ask for the worst ____ for/to ___. With so much subjectivity when it comes to the best, why not ask for the worst so that we can avoid making the worst possible choice?

For instance, what is the worst portable line array type system? We know the top of the heap includes the EV30M,, anything Bose, and a host of others including JBL, Peavey, Yamaha, Turbosound, Maui and more.

But what about the worst? Which one is the absolute worst to buy since it is sure to break and will not sound good at all?

I have two Harbinger MLS900 and can vouch that they're not terrible. For a 10" woofer, the bass is actually pretty good.

Anyway, looking forward to your thoughts on this topic in general...
Old 01-30-2023, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

I think probably because in general nothing really is the worst (generally speaking) and anything that someone says is 'the worst' would very quickly be jumped on and defended by those that disagree and any such post would devolve much faster than they usually do and be shut down rather quickly!

Think about your average post for opinions on Zager guitars!

Oh, and btw, I agree about the Harbinger system. I had one briefly after A/B'ing it in a GC against a Bose Compact and for the price it was a decent system.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:42 PM

I've had a bunch of crappy amps most with tube preamps..and SS power amps.
Old 01-30-2023, 04:05 PM

I have two Vox Amplugs. Yuck

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification