The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-11-2022, 10:19 PM

Default Schatten hfn atrist + element vts test

Hi.

I listened to the advice of the people around me, and added a piezo of lr bagg.

I had a hard time, but I'm happy with the result.
It took a lot of time for me to find a sound that was good to hear by fine-tuning the 2 gain of the preamp.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/CZKjY

Schatten hfn artist (phantom power , finger picking)

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/dMm6k

Schatten hfn artist + lr bagg element vts (phantom power , flat picking)

What do you think of this combination? Both are EQ flat.
Thank you.

Last edited by Guitarscent; 08-12-2022 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Modify Link
Old 08-12-2022, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

These sound files sound better than your first ones that featured only the Schatten HFN by itself. The Element UST helps the tone. I still hear that brittleness that has been resident in some HFN installations, including some of my own. If you feel the HFN is located properly, perhaps loosening the strings and reaching in the guitar and pressing firmly several times on all three feet of the HFN may help compress the 3M adhesive a bit more and help better the overall tone of the HFN. EQ would, of course, benefit the overall tone of your system but I think you have a usable installation.

Here is your thread to which I responded in which you can hear a couple of my Schatten installations: the dual HFN rig in a Larrivee D-40R, and the single HFN rig in a Martin D-18. Frankly, I'm not really pleased with the tone of either rig. In the Larrivee D-40R, I'll likely relocate the HFN sensor without the three-footed base to a slightly different location to hear if that gives me more of what I want to hear from this dual HFN rig.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 08-12-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
These sound files sound better than your first ones that featured only the Schatten HFN by itself. The Element UST helps the tone. I still hear that brittleness that has been resident in some HFN installations, including some of my own. If you feel the HFN is located properly, perhaps loosening the strings and reaching in the guitar and pressing firmly several times on all three feet of the HFN may help compress the 3M adhesive a bit more and help better the overall tone of the HFN. EQ would, of course, benefit the overall tone of your system but I think you have a usable installation.

Here is your thread to which I responded in which you can hear a couple of my Schatten installations: the dual HFN rig in a Larrivee D-40R, and the single HFN rig in a Martin D-18. Frankly, I'm not really pleased with the tone of either rig. In the Larrivee D-40R, I'll likely relocate the HFN sensor without the three-footed base to a slightly different location to hear if that gives me more of what I want to hear from this dual HFN rig.
I saw your writing well. Of course, I also checked the recorded music. Since I live in a non-English area, communication is not smooth. Please understand.

당신의 댓글에 도움을 많이 받았습니다. 당신은 열정적이고, 당신에게 고맙게 생각합니다.

I honestly like even one hfn. However, I became a little greedy with the sound of the guitar with the damping. So I tried it

Artist can use phantom power, so I like it.
Also, I am thinking of bb-04 for volume control. It's small and I think it's good for mono, stereo, and strap lock

I don't want to install anything more inside the guitar.
Thank you for your help...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification