The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-30-2021, 10:57 AM

I was never given an option, just told shipping was $95.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:01 AM

Here is my official USPS status which is not encouraging sounding;
“Origin Post is Preparing Shipment“
Old 03-30-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrh View Post
Here is my official USPS status which is not encouraging sounding;
“Origin Post is Preparing Shipment“
Mine says the same.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Before the pandemic, it was AN-Post to USPS. Shipping that way, my 3 Emeralds came in: 4 days, 13 days, and 10 days. I think it was last year that Emerald changed to UPS. Shipping everywhere seems to be affected currently. Seems that delivery times weren't the only issue, but some guitars getting held up in Customs and winding up with a duty to be paid; can happen with UPS, as well.

Also seems that some are peeved with Emerald regarding the shipping times, but once they turn it over to a shipper, it is out of their hands. Hey, even Amazon Prime isn't getting to our little island in two days anymore. Patience is a virtue... I've never been particularly virtuous.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Also seems that some are peeved with Emerald regarding the shipping times, but once they turn it over to a shipper, it is out of their hands. Hey, even Amazon Prime isn't getting to our little island in two days anymore. Patience is a virtue... I've never been particularly virtuous.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Shipping is a weird thing, isn’t it? As the purchaser, I’m entirely at the whim of the shipping contractor. I have no contract with the shipping contractor, and no recourse if something doesn’t show up. All I can do is go back to the shipper (in this case, Emerald) and ask them to investigate.

20 years ago, I bought a Rickenbacker guitar from Musician’s Friend. I faithfully watched the UPS tracking, and saw it out for delivery from the depot, 10 miles from my house.

It never arrived, and in enquiring about it, it became perfectly clear that I had absolutely zero standing in the proceedings. MF had to engage with UPS, determine that it had, in fact, disappeared, and re-ship a guitar to me. I had no influence - and I’m the one who spent all the darn money.

So, don’t blame Emerald
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Well, low and behold! The Red Sea must have parted and Elijah got that glass of wine everybody leaves out! Tracking finally showing it arrived in New York as of 10:45 this morning. Expected delivery by Tuesday, however USPS has never made an on time delivery to my house. Probably looking at Wed or Thur of next week.

If I order another one, please remind me to use the expensive shipping option next time. Wait, never mind, I doubt I'll ever be able to forget having a new, expensive guitar floating around somewhere in the world, no idea where or even if it was destroyed or stolen for a month.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
Well, low and behold! The Red Sea must have parted and Elijah got that glass of wine everybody leaves out! Tracking finally showing it arrived in New York as of 10:45 this morning. Expected delivery by Tuesday, however USPS has never made an on time delivery to my house. Probably looking at Wed or Thur of next week.

If I order another one, please remind me to use the expensive shipping option next time. Wait, never mind, I doubt I'll ever be able to forget having a new, expensive guitar floating around somewhere in the world, no idea where or even if it was destroyed or stolen for a month.
Very happy to hear that it’s surfaced at long last. Hopefully it will make that last leg without any further strangeness.
Cordoba Stage

Old 04-06-2021, 09:32 AM

It came in today. Unfortunately the coffee mug didn't make it, it's broken, but the guitar is in good shape! I need to try some different strings, but I've had fun with it for about an hour now. I'll do a NGD post and mini review soon.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
It came in today. Unfortunately the coffee mug didn't make it, it's broken, but the guitar is in good shape! I need to try some different strings, but I've had fun with it for about an hour now. I'll do a NGD post and mini review soon.
Excellent - shame about the mug, though. Maybe they should make them out of CF, too
Cordoba Stage

Old 04-06-2021, 09:48 AM

I’ve definitely come in last on the race to receive guitars from this shipping video. So far as I know it’s in Heathrow. Congrats guys.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrh View Post
I’ve definitely come in last on the race to receive guitars from this shipping video. So far as I know it’s in Heathrow. Congrats guys.
How about you are first in maximized anticipation
Old 04-08-2021, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

I’m going to do a NCFGD in the next couple of days, but if there is one thing this thread and my own personal experience during this time has shown is that the only thing consistent with Emerald shipping to the USA is the inconsistency. I placed an order for a stock instrument on March 28, it shipped March 30, and I got it today, April 8.

I didn't pay for the shipping upgrade which supposedly provides faster shipping and more tracking updates. I was pleased that it went through UPS, and I would have thought that this would be the upgraded service. The only minor hiccups were I was given 4 different anticipated delivery dates by UPS, the first was delivery on April 2 that I knew was too good to be true - I can only assume these are projections if everything goes perfectly, as they missed every single date. I guess since they were 0 for 4, they didn't bother projecting that it would arrive today, LOL.
Martin Backpacker
Old 04-08-2021, 08:19 PM

I finally received my black satin x-20 today - inspired by RP’s 12 string version. I’ll start with saying I’m happy with it. It came via USPS. The box was beat up and wet. The bubble wrap left a puddle on the floor and the case (so glad it had one) had standing drops of water on it. The guitar didn’t seem to mind the water a bit and the mug was in one piece. I love the feel of the satin versus a gloss that often feels sticky to me. When looking up close I thought at first that there was a slight overspray of something white but the “droplets” are all aligned with the space between the weave so not overspray but rather I suppose a feature; would love to hear if RP sees that on his 12 string.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EF93C9C4-B436-4DD1-A012-7F1BCAD4DFC3.jpg (49.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 0132AF15-C406-4407-93DD-104159D91DCE.jpg (33.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 808E3ADD-99AA-4575-BB2D-89085305F65D.jpg (56.4 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Jrh; 04-09-2021 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:20 PM

Here is a picture of what I thought at first was overspray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8CD3D450-3262-4F9F-8E0B-F54477805E3A.jpg (47.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 04-09-2021, 05:11 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on your new X20. I definitely need to get one of those to pair with my X20-12. I hadn't looked that closely at mine, but doing so today, I noticed the same thing. It does seem to be a feature of the weave that one can see or not see depending on the angle to the light. Let's see if I can return to not seeing it now...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber