The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

Default Blues King 10, 5 Watt Amp... blowout deal...

https://www.proaudiostar.com/supro-1...cMoctPKeLTiWKs

$266 out the door if you use code cm5.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:29 PM

In case you're not aware ProAudioStar operates out of a warehouse in a section of Brooklyn where you wouldn't even walk alone during the day without some major personal artillery , and from what I've read their business practices are reflective of their environment ; IME if you've got your heart set on the BK10 I'd call someone at Sweetwater (who had a similar deal on a BK12 package a couple days ago, that I'm sorry I didn't take advantage of), mention the source, and see what they can do for you - I think Supro is looking to go in a new direction and they've been gradually phasing out a lot of the old stuff, so you might be able to price-match...
Old 11-30-2020, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

Good to know. I already placed an order. Fingers, and toes, crossed.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:17 PM

What I know about ProAudioStar is that they have a five star rating with nearly 60,000 reviews on reverb.

I got a pair of JBL 306P monitors from them six months ago for $260 when everybody else wanted $400.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
In case you're not aware ProAudioStar operates out of a warehouse in a section of Brooklyn where you wouldn't even walk alone during the day without some major personal artillery , and from what I've read their business practices are reflective of their environment ; IME if you've got your heart set on the BK10 I'd call someone at Sweetwater (who had a similar deal on a BK12 package a couple days ago, that I'm sorry I didn't take advantage of), mention the source, and see what they can do for you - I think Supro is looking to go in a new direction and they've been gradually phasing out a lot of the old stuff, so you might be able to price-match...

Two years ago I ordered a Blackstar ID:Core Beam in a weird cream color from them for $150 (about $140 less than the black one anywhere), and I was surprised how fast it got to NorCal from the East Coast. Brand new - unopened. I would have no qualms about ordering from them again, but I just don't need a new amp at the moment.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
I agree the neighborhood is a war zone but Sweetwater ran the same price and they sold out. I wouldn't worry too much about the ProAudioStar order though, I've bought much more expensive gear from them and have had great luck.

Things that I remember ordering from them, all at great prices...

Blue Kiwi Microphone
Blue Robbie Preamp
Allen and Heath ZED 10FX mixer
T Rex Replicator Jr
DOD Rubberneck

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars