The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bho View Post
Does anyone have a custom guitar from either of these shops and have experiences/thoughts to share? And why did you pick them as opposed to a solo or small luthier shop?
I say forget about how many people were involved in the making of the guitar. Play the R. Taylors, the Collings, and whatever one-man-shop guitars you are considering and pick the one you like the best. I've played R. Taylors and Collings and have a very marked preference for one over the other but you may happen to prefer the one I don't like.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Well don't leave us hanging - which do you prefer and why?!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 AM

I'll be able to give you a first hand report on a Collings custom guitar in about 4-6 more weeks. I have a custom Collings DS3MhAs on order through The Podium. Can't wait. It should complement my D-1A extremely well. BTW, the D-1A is just a kick a*# sounding and playing guitar in its own right. Gorgeous tone, playability, fit, and finish...ALL second to none.

Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop