The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Default Just ordered an X20!

Excited to report that I placed an order today for an X20 (Pau Ferro)! This was my first experience interacting with the folks at Emerald and I have to say I have been very impressed with their customer service.

Not sure how long shipping will take, esp in this environment, but am excited!

I purchased my first Emerald (Amicus) here on the forum a few months ago and have been amazed with the playability and tone...as many of you have been saying with regard to Emerald guitars.

Here's a link to the model I purchased:

https://emeraldguitars.com/product/x20-pau-ferro-5563/

Incidentally....for those of you with X20 gig bags....any recommendations besides the Emerald bag? I ordered the Hiscox hard case for mine, but in the future, if I want to have the option of bringing my guitar around in a gig bag...just wondering what would be a good option. Sort of the opposite question of a recent post.

Happy Monday! Stay safe everyone.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

You did good, that's a pretty one. I have an x10 on the way. It's been in customs for 11 days now. It's a little slow due to "things".
2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's
Old 04-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Wow...thanks for the info, Puerto Player. I guess I should temper my expectations with regard to shipment arrival then.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations!

You're adding an X20 to your Amicus - one of these days, I'd love to add an Amicus to my X20
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-06-2020, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the X20, you have some mighty fine guitars in your signature, it will be real interesting to hear your thoughts on tone and playability of the X20. Hope your wait isn't too long. But it probably will be.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Congrats to the OP - it's a beauty....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 04-06-2020, 12:57 PM

Nice buy...you done good.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

That is beautiful. It will sound that way, too. Enjoy it in good health and for many years.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Thank you, all...for the kind words and affirmation about my choice of the X20! My excuse for the purchase is that I'm doing my part to stimulate the world economy. Not sure if my wife is buying that reasoning though..

Btw...eatswodo...the Amicus is sooo much fun (as many on here have been saying)! That is a very accurate way to describe playing it. Hope you have the means to add one someday in the not too distant future.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, jjhturbo! That is beautiful...

Thought we'd all like to see it without having to go to the link. Striking!

With 4 Froggy Bottom guitars in your collection, it will be interesting to hear your impressions of the X20. The X20 is the guitar that gets most of the playing time for me... it is very versatile, able to go from quiet and rich to a full kick. I love the tone of the X20! It took me a few days to get comfortable with controlling the volume on it when I first got it. The guitar has great range. And, the added bonus of it being extremely comfortable to hold and play.

It may take a bit longer than normal for your X20 to arrive (due to circumstances beyond everyone's control), but how great that you were able to snag that beauty in stock!

Keep us posted.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Thank you so much, Captain Jim! And thanks for the help with posting the pic on here too. Yeah, I am excited as well to see/hold/play/listen-to this beauty! What sold me on the Emerald brand was my experience with the Amicus -- which i know is sort of it's own "breed", but I think it still served its purpose of having me get familiar with CF and the comfort of Emerald guitars specifically. Great to hear your feedback and impressions of your X20.

I'm going to need a lot of patience waiting for this to arrive....arrghh.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhturbo View Post
Excited to report that I placed an order today for an X20 (Pau Ferro)! This was my first experience interacting with the folks at Emerald and I have to say I have been very impressed with their customer service.

Not sure how long shipping will take, esp in this environment, but am excited!

I purchased my first Emerald (Amicus) here on the forum a few months ago and have been amazed with the playability and tone...as many of you have been saying with regard to Emerald guitars.

Here's a link to the model I purchased:

https://emeraldguitars.com/product/x20-pau-ferro-5563/

Incidentally....for those of you with X20 gig bags....any recommendations besides the Emerald bag? I ordered the Hiscox hard case for mine, but in the future, if I want to have the option of bringing my guitar around in a gig bag...just wondering what would be a good option. Sort of the opposite question of a recent post.

Happy Monday! Stay safe everyone.
Very nice looking top..congrats!
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 04-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Guest 928

Beautiful guitar. One basic requirement on The Forum is a good picture--you have a beautiful guitar and a great picture.

It's not mandatory but it's always nice to hear what players are doing with their instruments. As my nephew sez, just saying.......................
Old 04-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhturbo View Post
Thank you so much, Captain Jim! And thanks for the help with posting the pic on here too. Yeah, I am excited as well to see/hold/play/listen-to this beauty! What sold me on the Emerald brand was my experience with the Amicus -- which i know is sort of it's own "breed", but I think it still served its purpose of having me get familiar with CF and the comfort of Emerald guitars specifically. Great to hear your feedback and impressions of your X20.

I'm going to need a lot of patience waiting for this to arrive....arrghh.
On the bright side: you have some nice instruments to keep you occupied while you wait.

I bought my first CF out of curiosity and concern about traveling and different climates. I was impressed with the tone. After getting that first Emerald, I was hooked. Your experience with the Amicus is a fun preview. I am excited for you!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:20 AM

Congratulations on the new X20 it looks great. Hopefully it doesn't get held up in customs for too long.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber