The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post

Next week will be back to the acoustic brunch on Sunday (we alternate each week) and that will be the minimalist set up. In fact, I'm planning on procuring and using the S1 battery and also picking up a set of lithium rechargeables for the VE-8. So that will be a real-world test of the second to smallest set up, the smallest being just the guitar and mic straight into the Bose (although the guitar would still need to run through the PARA). I'll update again next week for those still following this thread.

I would just get regular high mAh NiMH rechargeables. They are going to easily last through the gig and you’re going to recharge them each gig anyway. They’ll be way cheaper and work just as well for this application. That is unless you are using a phantom powered mic, in which case you could use the extra capacity.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I would just get regular high mAh NiMH rechargeables. They are going to easily last through the gig and you’re going to recharge them each gig anyway. They’ll be way cheaper and work just as well for this application. That is unless you are using a phantom powered mic, in which case you could use the extra capacity.
Yes, as it turns out they don't appear to even be making Li-Ion AA rechargeables yet. I posted a detailed response about it on the battery thread.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:06 PM

It doesn't appear to be from the manual but - is the harmonizer available on the guitar or just the vocal?
Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfrat View Post
It doesn't appear to be from the manual but - is the harmonizer available on the guitar or just the vocal?

It reads the chords from the guitar and uses this information to determine the correct vocal harmony. It cannot harmonize the guitar signal.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Lkingston is correct. You can also tell the VE-8 what key you're playing in, and it'll set vocal harmonies based on that.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Don't buy batteries. Buy a Volta power supply. On your rig will last 8 hours or more.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:45 AM

I have the Boss VE-8. As long as the only use the 1/4 out everything is good. When I use the XLR out, it has white noise and is almost unusable. The manual, and Boss/Roland do not tell you how to control the output. I assume its set. Problem 2, the delay has no time control. Do I have a lemon or is this common.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:55 PM

Default Bose S1 Pro

where did you get the magnetic power strip...and brand and model number...thanks...
Gibson J-35
Larrivee Parlour
Martin Dreadnaught Jr.
Rainsong Shorty
Taylor GS Mini-e Mahogany
Yamaha FSX700SC
Cordoba 20 tm-ce Ukulele
Mitchell Baritone Ukulele
Taylor GS MINI e bass
Old 10-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic rabbit View Post
where did you get the magnetic power strip...and brand and model number...thanks...
Actually, I 'made' it. The power strip and magnets were purchased separately, both from Amazon:

CRST 12-Outlet Heavy-Duty Power Strip with 15 Amps, 15-Foot Power Cord for Kitchen, Office, School (UL Listed)

Strong Neodymium Bar Magnets with Double-sided Adhesive, Rare-Earth Metal Neodymium Magnet - 60 x 10 x 3 mm, Pack of 20
Old 10-03-2018, 08:37 AM

Default Bose S1 Pro

thanks......
Gibson J-35
Larrivee Parlour
Martin Dreadnaught Jr.
Rainsong Shorty
Taylor GS Mini-e Mahogany
Yamaha FSX700SC
Cordoba 20 tm-ce Ukulele
Mitchell Baritone Ukulele
Taylor GS MINI e bass
Old 10-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Just got the VE 8 and run it straight into a Bose Compact...so far I be liking it a lot. ( Methos1978+1's fault )....Just sayin'.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Just got the VE 8 and run it straight into a Bose Compact...so far I be liking it a lot. ( Methos1978+1's fault )....Just sayin'.
Hehehehe... Glad I can return the favor from the Emerald fiasco that you, The Captain and Evan are all part of like some sort of Irish mafia...

If you really want to have some fun, slap another preamp in front of the Boss VE-8. I did that yesterday with that new EDM-1 in front of the Boss VE-8 into the Bose S1 and it was quite something incredible!
Old 10-04-2018, 06:53 AM

You guys sold me, waiting on the BBT to pull up in my driveway... You! Yes you! I'm STILL WAITING
Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post

If you really want to have some fun, slap another preamp in front of the Boss VE-8. I did that yesterday with that new EDM-1 in front of the Boss VE-8 into the Bose S1 and it was quite something incredible!
Interesting idea...now I gotta buy more stuff?? Yay
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 10-04-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: splelling
Old 10-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Lol - I already had a couple small preamps laying around. Don't you?!?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification