The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-05-2022, 01:45 PM

Lets not forget EAE amps... I have the M2-6 Battery or AC power 50 watts 6.5in with a tweeter, effects built in around $499 or less if you buy a Demo like I did $399 with case
Old 10-07-2022, 01:50 PM

I feel like you don't need to spend a ton to get a really solid acoustic amp. I nabbed a used Marshall as50r a few years ago for like a couple hundred bucks and it's been plenty for small gigs. Two channels, mic input, assignable chorus and reverb—that and good sound is about all you need.

That said, I'm thinking about maybe a loudbox mini to leave up at the cottage...

-T
Old 10-07-2022, 04:01 PM

I run my Godin Mulituke--similar to the multi tac series-- through both a Fishman Loudbox mini and a Supro Delta King 12. Sure I have some fun with the DK 12 but when I really want to hear what the Godin sounds like--pure, simple, clean, modulated or not-- I play it through the Fishman.

If I was performing with it I'd play it through the Fishman or buy something better.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Corwin…
The AER Alpha - CliCk is a superb small acoustic amp.

The amount and quality of sound it puts out is amazing. Like all it's 'bigger' siblings, it has an 8" with a tweeter cone speaker designed for acoustic instruments. It used to come with a carrying bag (perhaps still does). It's about a 10 inch cube size/shape. First time I saw one I laughed. Then I asked if I could plug my guitar into it, and I was blown away. The 40W is more than enough to produce enough sound.

It's about $900, and if you can find a used one, less. It is pro quality, and weighs just over 14lbs. It has XLR out for sending it to the house. It also has ¼" outputs for headphones, effects loop, reverb switch and line out.

It has a fairly decent reverb and a mid-scoop/high boost switch (colour).

Electric amps are built to overdrive easily, and acoustic amps are built to resist overdriving. The cabinet of an electric amp (which greatly affects tone) is often open back, but even when it's sealed, it's not tuned nor ported.

German precision, and solid sound for monitor use of small gigs.

Another vote for AER here. I have a Compact 60 and an Alpha Plus and they’re absolutely wonderful amplifiers. Stone cold pro. The basic Alpha is a sensational amp at a very good price point. I rely on mine professionally and have never had a single problem…try finding any references online to AERs breaking down or needing repair!
‘97 Martin D18GE (Sunrise)
‘01 Takamine EAN46C (Palathetic and CT4B)
'02 Takamine EAN20C (Palathetic and CT4BII)
'15 Gibson SJ200 Standard (Sunrise)
‘19 Vintage Paul Brett Viator VC Classical
‘20 Sigma CF-100 copy (Sunrise)

Capos by G7th, amplification by AER.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:20 PM

Here is what I was looking at:

Boss Acoustic Singer https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ACSLive

Fender Acoustic Go https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AcouJrGo

Loudbox mini https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LoudboxMiniBT
Old 10-29-2022, 10:42 AM

Post Re: acoustic combo amps

Boss acoustic singer live is all the amp you really need in the bedroom or on stage. 60 watt two channel bi amp system two 10 inch speakers , intelligent harmony feature, looper and reverb, delay, and chorus on both channels independant of each oither. Other features include line outs for each channel that can run to FOH......this amp is LOUD too .....and very beautiful as well as ruggedly built ......i would get to optional cover for it too. They also make a 100 watt version for a few hundred more i paid 500 for it at sweetwater .
https://www.google.com/search?q=acou...KhfsLKK50tu3WM
Old 10-29-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimeshow22 View Post
Boss acoustic singer live is all the amp you really need in the bedroom or on stage. 60 watt two channel bi amp system two 10 inch speakers , intelligent harmony feature, looper and reverb, delay, and chorus on both channels independant of each oither. Other features include line outs for each channel that can run to FOH......this amp is LOUD too .....and very beautiful as well as ruggedly built ......i would get to optional cover for it too. They also make a 100 watt version for a few hundred more i paid 500 for it at sweetwater .
https://www.google.com/search?q=acou...KhfsLKK50tu3WM

All I keep reading is that this amp above has one 6.5” speaker and one 1” tweeter. Is it another amp you are referring to that has two 10” speakers?

My Marshall acoustic only has two 8” and two 1.5” speakers at 50 watts per side.

fd
Old 10-29-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
All I keep reading is that this amp above has one 6.5” speaker and one 1” tweeter. Is it another amp you are referring to that has two 10” speakers?

My Marshall acoustic only has two 8” and two 1.5” speakers at 50 watts per side.

fd
Yep the Pro only has a 8in and tweeter...
Old 10-29-2022, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Depending on your budget, I’d advise:

1) Yamaha THR30ii acoustic. $599

2) Fender Acoustic Junior. $379

I have the Fender. It’s awesome and you can buy them new on sale closer to $300. Plenty loud.

I wish I bought the Yamaha though! Cool factor.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:10 PM

I am in the market for the same kind of amp as OP. Can anyone tell me if the Fishman Loudbox Mini has a jack for headphones? Thanks in advance. Tom
Old 10-29-2022, 05:42 PM

I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini. Sounds great and I use it at small venues.

I bought and returned a TC Helicon 60 watt from Sweetwater a couple years ago. It sounded absolutely amazing. It is laden with extra features like Body Rez, a looper, tuner and more. It was too much stuff for my needs but I remember the sound being just great.
Old 10-29-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini. Sounds great and I use it at small venues.

I bought and returned a TC Helicon 60 watt from Sweetwater a couple years ago. It sounded absolutely amazing. It is laden with extra features like Body Rez, a looper, tuner and more. It was too much stuff for my needs but I remember the sound being just great.
Does the Fishman mini have a jack for headphones?
Thanks, Tom
Old 10-29-2022, 07:36 PM

Default Acousti Amp

With a 700$ budget for an Acoustic Amp I would seriously consider the
Fishman Loadbox Artist.
Rick
Old 10-30-2022, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
I have a (no longer available) Carvin AG300. At an advertised 300 watts its way more than what you need.

Useful features it has include 3 input channels, each with an XLR or 1/4" input and each with its own effects and EQ. Two of the channels have a HI Z (high impedance) input, which lets me use passive pickups without a preamp or DI. It also has a three-way speaker cabinet.
I own this amp as well...fantastic, but heavy for my messed up back.

I just received the Bugera AC60 and my wife and I took it for a ride last night, she had the mic and I plugged my Larrivee L-03WL with a KandK passive pup...love it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-acoustic-amp
Old 10-30-2022, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

I have played pretty much every amp listed in this post. IMHO the Schertler products blow all of them out of the water. There is a JAM 100 listed right now in the classifieds for a good price.

I have no association with the seller.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification