The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-12-2018, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

Default My Fight With EBay

I have received a bill from eBay. Not really remembering what it is for I tried to find out. All I could find was a statement that I owed X amount of money. Not a word about what for. So I wrote them that I had an issue with my bill as I could not find what I was being charged for. They got back to me and explained what it was for along with instructions as to how to look up what it was for. Giving the impression that I was deficient in some way because I didn't figure out how to find the information. So I followed their instructions and the instructions were and are totally worthless. Now I understand that I am being dealt with by computer web page designers telling some person in a cubical that the SOP is to send a canned response. I wrote back that the instructions are completely wrong and worthless. Amazingly I got another response today. They have been so kind as to supply me with more instructions because it must be evident how dense I am that I don't get their instructions. I followed these directions also. I get to the section that says invoices as stated. There under a dollar figure is my invoice so I click on it. All it tells me is that I owe X amount of dollars. Not a word about what for. I of coarse responded and pointed this out to them. I assume that they do this type of thing on purpose as my credit card company gives me an accounting at my finger tips on line in real time.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 08-12-2018, 05:21 AM

Does EBay bill? I don't believe I ever received a bill from EBay.
I thought a person pays by way of Pay Pal or a credit card.
Anyway, have you tried to call EBay?

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 08-12-2018, 07:22 AM

Strange. My invoices from eBay have always been itemized. Have you sold anything recently and perhaps this is an invoice for the final value fee(s)?

My eBay > Account > Select invoice you want to view on right > Go
Old 08-12-2018, 08:44 PM

I once received a $600 bill from eBay (this was 10+ years ago). It automatically took it out of my PayPal account.

I contacted them and they said, “Oops. Sorry about that.” They had everything refunded in a week or so. But it was a huge error. I hadn’t sold anything or bought anything that month. And it could’ve been a huge mistake for someone who didn’t have the money to cover it.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
I have received a bill from eBay. Not really remembering what it is for I tried to find out. All I could find was a statement that I owed X amount of money. Not a word about what for. So I wrote them that I had an issue with my bill as I could not find what I was being charged for. They got back to me and explained what it was for along with instructions as to how to look up what it was for. Giving the impression that I was deficient in some way because I didn't figure out how to find the information. So I followed their instructions and the instructions were and are totally worthless. Now I understand that I am being dealt with by computer web page designers telling some person in a cubical that the SOP is to send a canned response. I wrote back that the instructions are completely wrong and worthless. Amazingly I got another response today. They have been so kind as to supply me with more instructions because it must be evident how dense I am that I don't get their instructions. I followed these directions also. I get to the section that says invoices as stated. There under a dollar figure is my invoice so I click on it. All it tells me is that I owe X amount of dollars. Not a word about what for. I of coarse responded and pointed this out to them. I assume that they do this type of thing on purpose as my credit card company gives me an accounting at my finger tips on line in real time.
Make sure you are dealing with the real eBay and not some imposter site.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:03 AM

As others have said, Ebay bills direct to your linked Paypal or credit card. Never received a 'bill to pay now'.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 08-13-2018, 11:40 AM

Smells fishy to me.

You said you "followed their instructions". Are you sure those messages are really from EBay and not just some scam ?

Never, I repeat NEVER follow the links in such mails. Always go to Ebay.com manually and log on.

I'd change your passwords to be sure and contact Ebay customer service about this.

And about a dozen electrics

New/Old Gibby owners here UNITE! Let's see em!
Old 08-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
Make sure you are dealing with the real eBay and not some imposter site.
Yes - call 1 (866) 540-3229

Old 08-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

I have been dealing directly with eBay.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 PM

I gave up on Ebay and PayPal years ago. Too much of a hassel when they screw up.

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic