The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 09:11 AM

Default SOLD - 2005 Sobell Model 1 Sicilian Acoustic Guitar

Reluctantly, I have decided to sell my 2005 Stefan Sobell Model 1 Sicilian as it isn't getting played enough to justify hanging onto just because I love the way that it sounds and plays.

The woods are of superb quality - spruce top, rosewood back and sides, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and bridge with bone saddle and nut.
Nut width is 47mm and string spacing is 40mm; string spacing at the bridge is 58mm. The neck is slim front-to-back, so it's very easy to play. Action at the 12th fret is 3mm on the bass E and 2mm on the top E - there's plenty of saddle, so lowering the action if you want to isn't going to be an issue.

It comes in one of the lighter UK-made Calton cases.

Condition is pretty much mint - no scratches, no cracks etc.

Following a back-off operation last year to reinforce and re-attach a couple of detached back braces - which also involved replacing the binding (supplied courtesy of Stefan) - the back and sides were refinished by David Wilson who had originally finished the guitar for Stefan when it was built.

Stefan inspected the guitar while it was with David and is happy with the repair overall and with the way that it plays and sounds.

It is a typical Sobell – bright, punchy and strong, with clear note separation, sustain that'll last forever and it won’t be overdriven no matter how hard you play it.

I live about 40 minutes northeast of London UK by train (Euston) or car (M1) and I'm 30 minutes from Luton airport/ 60 minutes from Heathrow.

Prospective buyers are welcome to visit to inspect and play the guitar.

Because of the risks inherent in shipping a guitar of this value, the buyer will have to collect the guitar from my house although, since I am retired, I am happy to deliver it personally within the UK if my travel costs are covered.

Pricewise, I'm looking for an offer in the region of £6,250 GBP and might well consider taking a Collings or Bourgeois mahogany-bodied dreadnought in good condition in part payment.

Please PM me directly if you would like to discuss this great guitar.

Last edited by RobbieHT; 08-11-2018 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Guitar Now Sold
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)