The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-28-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioman001 View Post
Two weeks now and the status still hasn't changed.
2 weeks does seem a little odd. Maybe you should give the post office a call, perhaps they could offer you some insight.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:52 AM

Studioman, I believe the X20 I ordered was shipped at the same time as yours. It seems to have fallen into the same black hole. The tracking number is stuck at Pre-Shipment, whatever that means. I am assuming that at least two Custom Agents are using our Emeralds for lunch time jams.

Even worse, Emerald did not show mine on a shipping day video! I think I read that the boss was on vacation that week. So, I am stressing over a guitar that I haven't seen, worried it is lost, and don't even know if it looks good! They all sound great if I can believe all the reviews I have read on this forum.

Just to add a touch more to my personal stress, I looked at my wonderful Eastman guitar and noticed the bridge is just starting to lift. I won't waste all your time about my experience with Eastman customer service. They are not making me smile...Lifetime warranty and such.

So I want to believe that my X20 with quilted maple and colored amber is just about to be delivered. This belief is based on just about nothing. I am hoping it is true.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:54 PM

It is pretty normal for all tracking info to cease once "despatched from Heathrow" but two weeks is a bit obsessive.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
It is pretty normal for all tracking info to cease once "despatched from Heathrow" but two weeks is a bit obsessive.
Especially living on the East Coast !!
Old 03-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

They are delayed in Customs in NY. It's a black hole. My first one disappeared for quite long time. Like three weeks. Then all the sudden I got a flood USPS texts (I'd signed up for them all!) all at once including 'Attempted to deliver'!

I know it sucks but give it a bit more time. I had two show up on my door within 4-5 days of being shipped and one took three-plus weeks. Go figure.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Guest 928

It might be a matter of how much Alistair likes you. For example, Alistair likes Kramster best and has been known to hand-deliver Mr. K's Emeralds.

I've had two visits with Alistair and I think we like one other--and my guitars have always arrived quickly.

So, for the slow receivers, maybe they misspelled Alistair and are paying for it. Or maybe he just didn't like their attitude. Or maybe he has a quota--so many ship fast and so many ship slow. Maybe they all sit around in Emerald land and draw numbers from a hat? They might even be doing a version of spin-the-bottle--with each person in the circle representing a shipping speed.

So many possibilities..............
Old 03-28-2019, 06:28 PM

Try the following: open the "something very special is on its way" email and copy the tracking number that Emerald gives you to the clipboard. Open up the first link in the email (www.anpost.ie) and paste the tracking number there. You should see another tracking number that starts with EF....Copy and paste that number on Canada post or usps website (depending on where you live) and you should have more detailed info on what's going on. That worked for me anyways with Canada post.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
It might be a matter of how much Alistair likes you. For example, Alistair likes Kramster best and has been known to hand-deliver Mr. K's Emeralds.
I do deal with it ok I suppose

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

My X20 arrived at 10 this morning! She's wonderful as was expected. I really like the new mug too. Customs black hole indeed. Oddly enough, I didn't get any USPS notifications that the guitar was at the local post office, out for delivery, or delivered until after I had unpacked the guitar.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
My X20 arrived at 10 this morning! She's wonderful as was expected. I really like the new mug too. Customs black hole indeed. Oddly enough, I didn't get any USPS notifications that the guitar was at the local post office, out for delivery, or delivered until after I had unpacked the guitar.
I am so happy that all's well that ends well. And congratulations on the new guitar.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 04-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Congratulations on the x20. Oh and just when I thought our postal service sucked here in Canada.......
Old 04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations! Enjoy it for many years to come.

Oh, and pics are not optional!

-Ray
Old 04-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the arrival! Don't let this one get away!!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yep - USPS, the world's worst tracking system. Bigly.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon, emerald, guitar, x20