The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-01-2020, 12:16 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - April 2020

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 04-01-2020, 02:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Kraus Guitars OOOO at Gruhn guitars Nashville.

A Kraus Guitars OOOO for sale at Gruhn Guitars Nashville.
Sitka spruce top.
Honduran mahogany back and sides.
Kingwood bindings.

https://guitars.com/inventory/am8302...leport-ny-0000

$3295.00

Call Gruhns for an in hand description;

1-615-256-2033

Old 04-05-2020, 11:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Brand New Edwinson Zephyr 00!

In a few minutes, I'm going over to the shop to make a nut and a saddle, and fit the bridge pins in a brand new Zephyr 00 guitar. Those are the final steps before I string her up for the first time. What a great way to self-quarantine, working in a lutherie shop, fledging a brand new instrument! I'm pretty excited, because this guitar has ALL the signs of being a super-responsive, great sounding Double-0.

I just wanted to post a few pics of it that I took just before starting the finish work, a little over a month ago. This is one of my "off-the radar screen" builds, which I was intending to hang onto for awhile, and use as a show guitar. But it seems all the shows are cancelled or paused indefinitely, and so I am going to be offering this one for sale. Hopefully I'll have at least a little quality time with it, but I will be posting a for sale thread in the Marketplace as soon as I take some studio photos of it with strings on.

Meanwhile, here are some photos of the new Zephyr 00, "in the white".

That's Cocobolo back and sides, a AAAA Adirondack Red Sruce top, Ziricote bindings and trim, bridge, headstock, fingerboard. The scale length is 25.5", a bit longer than standard for a Double-0, so that it will be amenable to open tunings. There are also dual side sound ports, which in my experience, will make this small guitar sound much bigger and more expansive than a typical Double-0.

Okay, now it is time to go over to the shop and get this baby strung and set up! I will post more photos of the finished guitar, and all the details, in a Marketplace thread, as soon as I shoot some glamour photos.

Thanks for looking!

(Edit) Strung up three days ago, now this Zephyr 00 is singing like a chorus of angels. It sounds more like a GA or SJ-size guitar, definitely a big, lush, responsive guitar in a small guitar body. Full details and more photos in the Marketplace.

Last edited by theEdwinson; 04-08-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:08 PM

Default Guitars in stock - April 2020

Hello forum folks,

I assume as the virus and resulting shutdown progresses we’ll see more of these posts.

This guitar was built for the 2020 show season which seems increasingly unlikely to happen. I’ve decided to tentatively list it.

Photo credit to everyone’s favourite builder, Isaac Jang.

Insruments details upon request.

Stay well all,

Dion
Old 04-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

The simple, unadorned beauty of this guitar is stunning.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Dion No. 4

Beautiful guitar Dion. For all of you that are not familiar with Dion's guitars they not only are beautiful but play and sound beautiful as well. I have the big brother of this No. 4 with Birdseye Maple back/sides and fretboard. Responsive guitar with amazing volume, sustain that is so, so fun to play. You really need to give this guitar a trial period, if you do I'm absolutely positive that you won't send it back!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:31 PM

This guitar was built in early January
Details and sounds upon request
Adirondack spruce
Bolivian rosewood
Ebony
Cantilever neck
Old 04-06-2020, 08:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

Greetings all -- I had posted this one at the end of last month and thought I'd bump it up here again. Being a few years old (though in new condition) I'll be selling this one at my old base price of $5,000 (as opposed to the current $6,500). With both the Holy Grail and La Conner shows postponed/cancelled/who knows, plus now not being able to work until at least May 4th (yikes...), I'm hoping to get this one out the door quick so make an offer! This is probably the best deal on one of my new guitars than you're likely to see again -- drop me a message with any questions or for more details!

A few years back I built a couple of demo guitars to bring down with me to a bluegrass camp where I was giving some lutherie talks. When I got back I put this one up on the shelf and basically dove right into new work. So, time to find it a new home!

It's my Grand Concert model (basically a dreadnought size) with East Indian rosewood back/sides and a sitka spruce. French polish, sound port, canary wood radial purfling, and it's a monster of a guitar. I had hoped to do a fancy photo shoot but luckily I managed to grab a couple of quick shots before having to pack things up and had recorded a couple of demo videos as well...

Someone had requested a little strumming/pick demo after my initial posting, so here's a quick one...

A simple and pretty instrumental (Leo Kottke's "Echoing Gilewitz") that's super fun to hit the dropped D...

And another Kottke arrangment, "Corrina Corrina"...

Thanks for looking and please get in touch!
instagram
Old 04-06-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnerb View Post
The simple, unadorned beauty of this guitar is stunning.

I really appreciate your words. It’s my aim to pull back as much of the clutter as I can and let the lines speak for themselves. It’s always rewarding when some one see it!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwpierce View Post
Beautiful guitar Dion. For all of you that are not familiar with Dion's guitars they not only are beautiful but play and sound beautiful as well. I have the big brother of this No. 4 with Birdseye Maple back/sides and fretboard. Responsive guitar with amazing volume, sustain that is so, so fun to play. You really need to give this guitar a trial period, if you do I'm absolutely positive that you won't send it back!

Thanks for the shining endorsement Robert!
Old 04-07-2020, 08:42 AM

Hey guys, I hope everyone is staying safe wherever you are! We just went into lockdown here in Singapore. We too have a Dion Guitar for sale, his No. 4 model in Engelmann and Cocobolo. I guess everyone is spending more time at home with their guitar, so if they want to add one more to the stable, we have some guitars going at very special prices - hit us up!

Dion guitars instantly catch your eye with the elegant simplicity of their design, which really brings meaning to the phrase “less is more”. Despite its understated look, the sound is far from that. It has a very loud and clear sound which I feel lends itself very well to strumming.

The top is an evenly white and silky Engelmann Spruce

Perfectly quartersawn Cocobolo back and sides which has a deep and rich red hue to it. There isn’t even a back strip which allows the wood to speak for itself.

The rosette consists of a simple ring

The headstock too is very simple, overlaid with a clean cocobolo veneer which is carried into the fretboard itself.

The guitar also sports a small and tasteful sound port.

Comes in a Viesnut case

Other special features not shown in pictures - The back does not have any bracing whatsoever which is very unique. Instead, the back is made from four layers of wood in alternating grain orientation with a nomex core. This design creates an evenly stiff, very active back which contributes greatly to the volume and projection of the guitar

This is currently on sale for a very special price. Drop us a message if you're interested in purchasing or trying out this guitar!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 04-07-2020, 04:35 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default 2020 Stephen Kinnaird B.I.G. Guitars

We have two for sale that are for the now postponed B.I.G. show. They are both over in fuller display in the AGF Marketplace. Thanks for your interest.

Italian Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood OM

Lutz Spruce/Marbled Claro Walnut 00

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 04-11-2020, 02:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

We also have put some guitars on special here: Isolation Indulgence!

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 04-13-2020, 12:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Special Sale 2019 Arcara OM28 Adirondack/Amazon RW - Brand New

(Recommend 1080P for the best sound quality)

Blues Improvisation

Moon River

This beauty is based on 1930 Martin OM28 with Adirondack Spruce&Amazon Rosewood combo!
Matt is one of the rising stars of Pre-war Martin inspired builders. He is following the legacy of Julius Borges and John Slobod of Circa Guitars.
If you're seeking a PreWar-ish Martin OM, This would be a great one.

This one arrived at our showroom at the end of November 2019.
It is with a special sale price. If any AGF member in the US buys this one, Matt will do a setup for you.
We did work on additional sound samples.

Spec

Body: OM
Finish: Lacquer
Top: Adirondack
B&S: Amazon RW
Bridge&F.Board: Ebony
​HeadMachine: Waverly Tuner
Nut/Saddle/Pins: Bone
Frets: EVO gold
Appointments: Style 28

p: +82 10 6478 6443
m: [email protected]
w: https://fineluthiers.modoo.at/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop