The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Wayne Henderson D18 Shade Top

Hey y’all, offering up my Henderson for sale. I’m new here but I’ve been an active member of the UMGF for years and I have plenty of references if necessary.

Completed in September of 2020, this guitar is an absolute hoss. No cracks, breaks, repairs, and very minimal play wear. I am the original owner and I traded Wayne a very rare and valuable vintage guitar for it.

Built during quarantine, every last detail was attended to by Wayne, as he’s had no shop help. A lot of people are saying these “Pandemic Hendersons” are some of the best guitars to leave the shop in decades. Having played dozens of Hendersons over the years and seen a handful of “Covid Hendersons” to date, I’m inclined to agree. It’s a fantastic guitar, and it’s a cut above, even when it comes to Henderson guitars.

The mahogany is extremely old and extremely straight, and the Maine red spruce has some very attractive bearclaw figuring. Nut width is 1 3/4” and the neck has a vintage correct profile shape, based on Wayne’s own ‘37 D18, but just a hair slimmer and very comfortable and easy to play. The guitar was recently appraised at Dream Guitars in North Carolina, the most reputable dealer in the world for Henderson guitars, for a market value of $17.5K. I will include this appraisal with the sale.

Asking the appraised value of $17.5K and accepting reasonable offers. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions.

Here’s a quick demo video with some decent mics. This was made when the guitar was only a week old, so as fantastic as it sounds here, it sounds ten times better now as it’s had a while to open up.

https://youtu.be/KGgYQGihJWU

Link below to the Reverb listing where you can view photos. PLEASE NOTE: the Calton case pictured is not included as I no longer own it. The guitar will come with the original Henderson branded case.

https://reverb.com/item/38634628-way...ntent=38634628

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Last edited by Chill Monroe; 02-02-2021 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-02-2021, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

I've been reading about his guitars for years after reading the book and have also heard some demos. Why oh why did I read this post? There is no way I'd ever be able to afford one of his instruments. I'm sure that whoever buys this will be amazed!
Old 02-02-2021, 03:55 PM

I can vouch for both the seller AND this particular instrument - both are stellar. Purchase with absolute confidence!
Old 02-02-2021, 04:47 PM

What's the mic at the bridge?
Old 02-02-2021, 05:46 PM

Default i have no idea

who Wayne Henderson is but i been wanting a martin 1-17 for years after hearing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZytR61y24

this same guy builds $20,000 guitars . . .?
Old 02-02-2021, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisan View Post
who Wayne Henderson is but i been wanting a martin 1-17 for years after hearing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZytR61y24

this same guy builds $20,000 guitars . . .?
Yep, that's him. And he fingerpicks the fiddle tunes as well. Not many do this....... and the stories he tells..... can't say which I like, the pickin' or the stories........

J

Martin D-41, Larrivee L-19; Gibson L-130; Taylor 614-ce-L30; R Taylor 2
H&D Custom OM; Bauman 000
Cervantes Crossover I; Kenny Hill 628S;
Rainsong Shorty SGA; CA GX Player, Cargo;
Alvarez AP70; Stella, 12-string; 2 Ukes; Gibson Mandola; Charango, couple electrics
Old 02-02-2021, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianissimo View Post
What's the mic at the bridge?
It’s an Ear Trumpet Myrtle, large diaphragm condenser. Great mic, typically around $500 and worth every penny
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
d18, dreadnought, henderson guitar, pre-war martin, wayne henderson