The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-17-2003, 11:48 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by The Old Hacker

Well I never. That's certainly news to me. Naughty Sir Paul! So the chances are he was thinking of, say, Angela Davis when he wrote it (as was Sir Mick when he wrote "Brown Sugar")?
TOH, maybe you should run that by Charlie Manson , I think he would agree .
Old 08-18-2003, 05:58 AM

I'd like to find the Hal Leonard version. Which of his books is it in?
Old 08-18-2003, 07:04 AM
More guitars than talent

Can't play it. Haven't learned finger picking yet. Wish I could, but I don't have the time yet. With a 7 and 11 year old, it's a few years still before I have time to seriously practice. I'm 40 and not getting any younger either.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 09-05-2003, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by anothersmith
I'd like to find the Hal Leonard version. Which of his books is it in?
It's in a large, white, hard cover book titled, "The Complete Beatles". It has all the songs ever recorded by the fab 4, written in score form. It has over 1000 pages and is a bit overwhelming, to say the least (and hard to read without a mag glass).

The book's not cheap either. I believe it costs about $75, but well worth the cost if you're a Beatles fan.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:49 PM

Yeah Paulie wrote Blackbird about the Civil Rights movement in America. Remember the White Album is being written and recorded just around the time of the assassinations of MLK and RFK and the race riots and the 1968 Democratic convention, etc.

Sometimes it's better NOT to know, like with "Hey Jude" where Paul changed it from "Jules" (Julian Lennon) to "Jude" cos it "sounded more Country & Western." hehehehe (true story!)
Old 09-06-2003, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
Can't play it. Haven't learned finger picking yet. Wish I could, but I don't have the time yet. With a 7 and 11 year old, it's a few years still before I have time to seriously practice. I'm 40 and not getting any younger either.
Hey beatlenut,
You just gotta make the time. I know that is easy to say but I have a 2, 7, 11 & 12 year old and were close to the same age. I just pick it up when I can. It's my sanity control. Wish I would have gotten serious earlier but hey, life got in the way!
Happy Pickin'

2002 Seagull CW Artist
2003 Taylor DDSM Desert Rose
2012 Fender Telecaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell