The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 AM

Default AER Domino and Takamine TC135SC

Hey guys I've been playing my Takamine TC135SC through my AER Domino with a boat battery and inverter when busking. I've got a pretty bad grounding issue though and have a loud cicada like sound happening, which stops when I put my fingers on the jack going into my guitar.
When I have the amp plugged in at home the cicada like sound isn't there but there is still more noise than other guitars that I have plugged in.

The TC135SC has the cool tube preamp and it's been draining batteries (4 AA's) on a weekly basis. That's playing 4 hours 4-5 times a week. Should they be draining so quickly?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Nic
Old 07-12-2011, 04:43 AM

Default interesting note

Hi! Im a swedish busker just thought i would buy a domino to play my takamine and vocals trough.. also got a boat battery but have used it so far with my crate tx50db to the ac jack. on this amp I experience a buzzing sound not to bad but defiently there and it disapears when I touch e screw or other metal thing on the amp. It hasnt been bad enough for me to do anything about it still I would like to hear your comment if you solve the problem (ill let you know if i find a solution as well).
I would also apresiate if you would tell me about the inverter you use... quite new with electronic matters, how pure does the sinus wave (hope I make sence now hehe...) have to be?
Thanks in advance
Timothy
Old 07-12-2011, 04:49 AM

oh yea one more thing.. how many Ah do you have on your battery and how long can you play the domino with that before charging?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification