The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-01-2024, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar_Joe View Post
I'm glad you cleared that up.
😁................
Old 05-01-2024, 02:34 PM

Don't take your guitar to Mars. Whatever airline gets you there will either lose it, or wreck it. They have a thing against guitars them airlines.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:22 PM

...not to mention the relative humidity.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

SpaceX isn't bad. Unless they crash and burn.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:32 AM

Guitar to Mars? Well I suppose if the guitar fits in with all the other gear you will need. Will there be a protocol to access the guitar while in transit? I would hope so, the trip is gonna take a few months. How's the guitar going to hold up to the humidity in the spacecraft? Maybe take a an Emerald? How's the guitar going to hold up to the radiation? You don't hear much about the people on the space station and radiation. But radiation exposure is a real issue. Space seems to harder on women as well. Again you don't hear much about all that. Mars it's a one way trip in my mind. Yea get there with your Emerald, have an system to plug it into your space suit coms system. Take a Mars walk with your guitar, find a nice view, play a song, put it on youtube for the earthlings to see. First music concert on Mars.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:58 AM

I figure if we were serious about colonizing other planets, getting off this rock, we would already have an outpost on the moon. Much closer, easier to get back and forth and a good jump off point for the rest of the solar system. Think about how much less fuel it would take to launch from the moon versus Earth.

I think we're here and only here until we HAVE to relocate and that probably won't go near as well as it does in the movies.

I can imagine us sending an "ark" filled with DNA, bacteria, seeds, etc. to a remote planet capable of sustaining life. While humans might not be able to survive a centuries long journey, the building blocks of life as we know it may be able to. We would essentially germinate the new planet to ensure the continuation of our species.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM

I hate to resurrect this deservedly dead topic but I just realized what I meant by my original post.

Due to the vacuum of space, music is non existent (impossible) in the majority of the universe and would sound weird in the few other places that have an atmosphere of some sort.

This means the thing I spent my entire life obsessing over is maybe the most insignificant thing in the universe. This means Bach also folks.
My guidance counselor (and my parents) were right after all.

Being a citizen of the Galaxy is going to hard I think.
Old Today, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marvin.jpg (50.5 KB, 5 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic