The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-17-2018, 03:09 PM

Default First CF incoming! X7 content

I travel a good bit and had a gs mini for awhile. I play fingerstyle and that nut width was a killer. When shopping for a new travel/camping guitar, it seemed that carbon fiber was the only way to go. I looked hard at a couple of nice full sized rainsongs in the classifieds and a CA cargo at a good price, but ultimately decided on a 2017 Emerald X7 in the Amber finish. Should get it in later this week and will report in.

Thanks to all of the previous posters who help me come to this decision!
Old 09-17-2018, 03:11 PM

Nice buy!! The amber is really cool looking... be prepared for questions about it everywhere you wander with it.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations in advance. I'm a new X20 player and really liking it a lot. I'm sure the X7 is just as nice given that it's more of a parlor size. I love the amber ones too. I ended up with red because red and black was what was available. But despite assurances from some around here that the red ones sound best ( ), I'd have gone for amber if there'd been one available.

Look forward to hearing your reactions when you get it...

-Ray
Old 09-17-2018, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, Joel! I used a GSmini as a traveling guitar for a couple years; I think you will find the X7 sounds better and is more comfortable. I never had any humidity (or lack of) issues with the Mini, but the X7 will eliminate any concerns. The neck scale and the nut width of the X7 are a delight! I'll look forward to your impressions when you get it.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 PM

Does your X7 include a pickup also?
Old 09-17-2018, 10:34 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing how you like it, as I am a month (or two...or three, who knows) from getting my X7 order completed.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 09-18-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Does your X7 include a pickup also?
LR Baggs element. I don't plug in much, but have a Baggs Anthem on my Bourgeois and like it just fine
Old 09-18-2018, 07:37 AM

Nice buy Joel. I had the GS mini and loved it but found, as you did the fretboard was cramped for fingerstyle playing, at least for me. Although I moved my X20 on due to pain in my left hand on long sessions, I absolutely loved the sound and fit/finish of the Emerald and am sure you will enjoy traveling with your new guitar, as well as leaving it out to “grab” when you just have a minute to play.
That new X7 looks fantastic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber