The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-30-2021, 04:32 AM

Nice! have a blast!

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 10-01-2021, 10:01 AM

Pro Junior...'cause when I drink and play, I prefer to be by
myself.

..and the morning after

Last edited by Humbuster; 03-02-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:25 PM

The Twin keeps good company.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:14 AM

I had a blues jr. It developed a constant high pitched sound. Also it really only had one usable tone at a certain volume/gain range, which was great but also limited. I read a bit and ordered some mods from a well known blues jr mod site. Forgot exactly but new transformer and some better caps. An amp tech installed them, and fixed the high pitched tone - an internal cable was positioned incorrectly causing electric feedback. I saw the interior and it’s a cheap looking circuit board with the dials soldered directly to the board. The wood is some cheap fiberboard…

I guess you can see where this is going. The mods made the amp sound MUCH better, with the kind of fender headroom and brilliance we are used to. But by then the cost was such that one might as well get a deluxe.

The tonemaster sounds great (tried it in the shop) and unless you compare to some hand wired version with just the right speaker and cab wood, it’s way better and more useful than a blues jr.

I personally went for another solid state amp, the BJF S66 with the Allesandro cabinet, something to consider as well.

Lowden S25c - The Tool "Flying D" prototype - Heritage Eagle - MJT Thinline Telecaster - Fender CS 56 Stratocaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars