The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

This week I'm buying back a 2005 Epiphone AJ-500M I sold in 2011 to a nice lady, who I'm sure is 75ish yrs old. She plays very gently, but now plays other guitars. She never used the big cushy case that came with it. That case never left the house when I had it! Fantastic cases!

This guitar was loud and direct in tone. Lots of saddle.. I had a new bone saddle and nut made when it was new. I also put on better tuners! I sold right after a divorce. I wasn't thinking straight when I sold it and soon regretted the sale.

I was surprised when she came up to me and offered it to me today! It'll be the least expensive guitar I will own, but those early Masterbilts were great. I'm pretty excited to get it back in a couple of days!

Here it is when I sold it...
Old 10-13-2019, 08:44 PM

I have avoided this problem by not selling any of my guitars.

In truth I become attached to them and never forget why I fell in love with them in the first place. My tastes have never changed I am a Dreadnought man.

I have the very first guitar that I bought myself from 1980 and I still play it, now I have added 13 others to the mix.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

Twice for me.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgepin View Post
In truth I become attached to them and never forget why I fell in love with them in the first place. My tastes have never changed I am a Dreadnought man.

I have the very first guitar that I bought myself from 1980 and I still play it, now I have added 13 others to the mix.
That's my son, the Dread Man to a Tee. I predict a series of Martin D's (give or take a Jumbo...) in his future as soon as he has the budget . . .

I had a spot of non-buyer's remorse a couple months back when Elderly had a 12-fret slot-head 00-18 on consignment. Definitely suited my playing.

I didn't buy and it sat there another two months, but then sold JUST before my next trip through Lansing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion