The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Guest 928

I don't know about the others, but the 7 woody nylon is a genuine one-of-a-kind and seems reasonably priced to me.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I don't know about the others, but the 7 woody nylon is a genuine one-of-a-kind and seems reasonably priced to me.
Ditto. I paid a LOT more than that for my X7 nylon (both the one I sold, and the one on order).
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 04-19-2019, 03:41 PM

OK. I'm confused. I clicked on the link and see "0 listings".

I then did a search through all of Reverb for an Emerald X20 and Emerald X7 figuring something should show up. Still "0".

Does that link still show Emerald's to everyone else, or have they been removed, or is it just me? I've tried a lot of "tricks" just in case it was being blocked from the location I'm writing, but all still showed "0".

My curiosity is killing me.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post

I then did a search through all of Reverb for an Emerald X20 and Emerald X7 figuring something should show up. Still "0".

Does that link still show Emerald's to everyone else, or have they been removed, or is it just me? I've tried a lot of "tricks" just in case it was being blocked from the location I'm writing, but all still showed "0".

Yes, that initially happened to me as well when I allowed the Reverb site to adjust my location to Europe. Then I clicked on "do not change my location" or something like that and the guitars showed up.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 04-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

And now there are 6...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post

Still there for me although a few less now. Maybe you clicked on when they were updating for the few that sold.

For those that think these prices are high, you haven't priced a custom Emerald in a while. Prices for custom features have risen dramatically. I'm glad I got my customs when I did. And they will only go up.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:00 PM

Checking just now, I see six too.

For those of you from the EU and/or the UK, I recall reading about strict new privacy laws that were adopted last year. Suddenly folks from across the pond were unable to see many American web sites like Reverb, GC, etc if you admitted to your true location.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:02 PM

Old 04-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt in the Sun View Post
Only 6 of those are from the OP's listing.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

I think I will post mine later tonight on Reverb (lol...I'm horizontal now), but will see if I can sell it locally first, really dont want the hassle of shipping. It's really lovely (x20-12), but doesn't get the playing time it should, and I need to buy a new car (saving for early spring of next year). Not to mention I'm hoping to see "Final payment requested" on an x30 I ordered in early Oct. <sigh>.

Cheers....

Todd
Old 04-20-2019, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Yes, that initially happened to me as well when I allowed the Reverb site to adjust my location to Europe. Then I clicked on "do not change my location" or something like that and the guitars showed up.
That helped. Still didn't work though with my normal browsers so had to change to a special browser that's sometimes useful, albeit extremely slow. I'm located further east than you are and accessing most normal web pages is a constant challenge.

Now the page just loaded and I will see what you've all been talking about finally!
Thanks.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:29 AM

It is rather peculiar that the same person is selling a bunch of custom Emeralds all at the same time.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
It is rather peculiar that the same person is selling a bunch of custom Emeralds all at the same time.
He has 25 of them. I interviewed him for the Emerald book about his collection, he is the same guy that has the triple necked guitar. I guess when you have 25, you can let eight go and still have one of the two biggest Emerald collections. A doctor in Hong Kong has a bunch, all red. If this seller keeps selling, then the doctor might be the owner of the biggest collection out there.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
He has 25 of them. I interviewed him for the Emerald book about his collection, he is the same guy that has the triple necked guitar. I guess when you have 25, you can let eight go and still have one of the two biggest Emerald collections. A doctor in Hong Kong has a bunch, all red. If this seller keeps selling, then the doctor might be the owner of the biggest collection out there.
Oh wow that's good to know. And just when I thought Kramster had a large collection!
Old 04-20-2019, 02:57 PM
Guest 928

Chris;

Obviously, the seller of these fine guitars has a deep appreciation of Alistair's art, and it must be difficult to thin out such marvelous instruments. The cause of the sale is not likely to be the instruments--they are all unique and superb. I hope that whatever personal reasons motivate the sale disappear with time and allow a continuation of collection.

In the meantime, as I noted earlier, I think the prices are reasonable. I just about jumped on the nylon but I have aspirations for another Emerald electric and am pacing myself.

Kramster, on the other hand, could use this sale to augment his growing museum of Emeralds.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber