The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-31-2019, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

I thought that I'd post a little 3 week update. This guitar continues to shock me whenever I spend time with it which has been quite often. I'm convinced and fairly certain its the best sounding acoustic guitar I've ever played which is saying a lot because I've been fortunate enough to play some killer guitars including lots of prewar Martins. A few Somogyis (including two Mod Ds from the man himself), Kim Walker guitars and lots of other great famous builders instruments.

Its one of those instruments that you sit down with and find yourself instantly becoming extremely creative with simple things that you have played lots of times before but never quite heard them like this before. It's a game changing instrument. It's quite easy to write songs with because creativity flows out of the great tone. Its just a phenomenal instrument!!!

I recently was fortunate enough to buy a 2017 Doerr Solace Select in Sinker Redwood and Cocobolo and as great a guitar as the Solace is this Mod D is a bit better for me all the way around. I will say if you are on the fence about ordering a guitar from Tom Doerr I can't recommend his guitar enough!!!

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 03-31-2019, 03:59 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
I thought that I'd post a little 3 week update. This guitar continues to shock me whenever I spend time with it which has been quite often.
I got the sense it was going to be pretty killer after a few weeks of steady play. I only had about 10 minutes on it, but it seemed like it was already warming up!

Glad it worked out so well for you!

Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Its all about the Doerr MD bump

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop