The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-21-2019, 09:48 PM

Default Don’t Want to Go Out

Another new song day—have a listen, if you like.

Phone recording into Music Memos, with a little bass and drum assist.

It’s not very polished just yet, I know, but I think it might work. Thoughts?

http://song.space/3l8kfn
Old 04-22-2019, 09:52 AM

Is that a tenor guitar you’re using? I thought the song was nicely done. A bit sad but maybe that’s supposed to be a sign of the times? Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:41 AM

It could well be a sign of the times—or just the capture of how some days feel, where all you really want to do is make it home to bed and stay there forever.

The guitar is my RainSong P14; it’s long-scaled, so it has an interesting tone when, as here, the capo is on the sixth fret.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Nice job on your song, Ann. It sounds good -- well played and well sung.

Interesting that the guitar is a RainSong. It definitely has a different sound, but it sounds good.

Some years ago my youngest daughter asked me to go to some social event with her and at the time I was tired and overwhelmed with all the things I had to do, so I begged off. Her reaction was, "Ah come on, you'll enjoy it."

I told her, "I have my books and my poetry to protect me." She burst out laughing and then so did I. I ended up going and enjoying myself in the end.

My point is, there are times when many of us just don't feel like going out anymore.

I hope you are well -- thanks for sharing your song.

- Glenn
Old 04-22-2019, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Hey Anne,

No, it’s not polished, but I think it’s a solid piece of songwriting.
Keep writing like that. I think it’s very well done. Just a little
polish-that’s all that needs.

Nice job.

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 04-23-2019, 08:49 AM

I enjoyed that. Nice song, lyrics, playing and singing! This is a song that will strike people differently depending on their life experiences.

For example, I find it a humorous song, because while I have had days where I felt exactly like that, in my life those were always very temporary feelings where in a day or so, I was finding them silly.

For others that have spent longer in the dark places, it would be a very sad song indeed,
Mike
Old 04-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Thanks, all— yes, I also think one’s reaction will depend on one’s particular experience, which is why I think this toe-tapping tune with its sad and/or bemusing edge works (in terms of the human condition, anyway).

I really do appreciate the feedback—it definitely helps me evaluate whether the effect comports with what I see from here. Extra ears are a must for any songwriter, methinks.

(And lest anyone has concern, I am truly well; for me, it’s some combination of empathy and experience that feeds this whole “art” thing. )

Anne

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell