The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-19-2019, 05:15 PM

I've been retired for a bunch of years now.........but, have still maintained a part-time seasonal job (May-Oct), and began some consulting in my field (college admissions) to keep my hand in things. The consulting which I did for 13 years has now phased out......the seasonal job (licensed marine capt) is still with me for a while longer!
The marina where I work is like a big extended family of guys who really love one another........it fills a lot of the "social" for portions of the year as we all pull for one another......whether it's seasonal guys like me, or full timers.
I really value the solitude of the off season .....walking and guitar work, grandkids whenever possible are about an hour away.
My wife and I have "our patterns".......and they work extremely well. The years ahead will bring more yard work and gardening....we're both home-bodies....and we live where we vacation(so to speak)........all part of the master plan years ago.
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 04-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Hey Barley, are you a CASA? Just curious...

I spend a remarkable amount of time counting my too-many-to-list blessings and lifelong run of good luck. When I'm not dealing with the blizzard of paper, clutter, and administrivia that somehow finds many retirees:

I golf (try to anyway), fish, ride my bike, play pickleball, ski, build guitars, resos, and banjos, read, jam, and sometimes swing a tennis racquet. I also lead campfire singing. I eat as many eclairs as possible, and when not possible, revert to bear claws.

I can also highly recommend buying a 1952 MGTD, taking it completely apart, and then putting it back together with upgrades, just exactly however you want it.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H165 View Post
...I can also highly recommend buying a 1952 MGTD, taking it completely apart, and then putting it back together with upgrades, just exactly however you want it.
I sense there's a good story behind that suggestion...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 11-20-2021 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I sense there's a good story behind that suggestion...
- Probably titled "If You're Not Already A Mechanical Engineer, You Soon Will Be" :

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic